Legal matters can get tricky. More often than not hiring a lawyer can is a tedious task, one that most people are wary of. It may either be because of a bad experience in the past or just anecdotes one may have heard from their family and friends.
• Always consult at least two lawyers before making your pick. This is important because it helps you gain different perspectives on your issue and then hire a lawyer whose perspective matches with you.
• Make sure you get a brief about the attorney’s professional background and work experience.
• Ask the lawyer whether he has handled cases similar to yours in the past and what was the outcome of those litigations.
• Ask him whether he frequently litigates in the court in which your case is pending.
• Ask the lawyer the tentative time the case will to get disposed of and also take an estimate of the fee he will charge you.
• The roles and responsibilities that you will be sharing with your lawyer are a crucial element of the lawsuit.
• Make sure you ask your attorney if he has some conflicting interest in the subject matter, for e.g. if you are filing a case against Cadbury and your lawyer is on the panel for Cadbury, it would be a conflict of interest. Hiring a lawyer with a conflicting interest is permissible as long as the client knows of such a conflict.
• Make sure you explore options apart from the trail.
• Ask him what he thinks the probable outcome of your suit can be
• Make sure you have cleared all your doubts regarding the case.
So, if you are planning a meeting with your lawyer and you feel clueless, just follow the easy steps given above and if you need any further assistance in hiring a lawyer simply log onto https://www.lawzgrid.com/
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to firstname.lastname@example.org