Best Six Ecommerce Platforms for Online Business
Choosing the best e-commerce platform is a hard grunt work.
As the online market is ever increasing so is the platforms for eCommerce. In this cutthroat competition choosing a right eCommerce platform is a bit challenging task. From a very conventional eCommerce store to a multi-vendor marketplace this list will be the best guide to opt for the best eCommerce platform. Before starting a new eCommerce business in 2019, understand first the evolvement of digital commerce from past 2-3 years. Let’s check out what sort of major improvements have influenced the future of eCommerce from mobile to social media.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Wallets
- Mobile-based Application
- Customization & analytics
With this development in mind, we have assembled the best eCommerce platform to get started your business in 2019.
1. Shopify :-
Whether you sell online, on social media, in-store, or out of the trunk of your car, Shopify is all you need. Just sign up with your email address and you can start building your shop and sell right away. When it comes to conventional e-commerce businesses by big business owners, Shopify is a good choice to launch their shop quickly. This e-commerce platform is quick to set up and easy to use to sell online products.
Shopify is a Canadian-based company formed in the year 2004. Since then, the company is growing with a vast array of features being added up every year. It offers amazing features that gain vast popularity among the number of online business owners worldwide. Some of them are:-
- With the growing presence of social media, Shopify introduces a new feature to connect with your Facebook account easily.
- Shopify is incorporated with elegant themes with free-mobile optimization. All these themes are customized and user-friendly that doesn’t require coding at all. Some themes are available on purchase too.
- Shopify offers 24/7 support platform via phone, live chat, email, and Twitter. It also provides detailed documentation for its working and online forums where you can get help from other users.
One of the disadvantages of using Shopify is the amount you are liable to pay unless you switch over to Shopify payment system. You have to invest some extra money each time you plan for an extension with new upgrades in the market. Even the coding language used by Shopify like Liquid, require an additional cost when you customize.
2. Magento :-
Magento is one of the best e-commerce platforms that work on principle “Designed for Growth, Built for Flexibility”. It is well-known for the reliability and scalability which makes it one of the most preferred e-commerce platforms. It has seamless third-party integrations that address the very needs of your business & an unlimited ability to customize across any industry.
Magento development requires an expert team of programmers as it requires a high deal of technical knowledge to build your site. Magento expands beyond the shopping cart for every shoppable experience that makes it flexible for B2B, B2C & B2B2C including email, mobile, in-store, marketplaces, and shipping.
Magento platform is a very compatible choice in terms of multilingual websites as it enables the user to create separate sites for multiple languages. It has a qualified community working behind that are developing new themes and plugins constantly to improve the platform. So you can get a lot of support and available expert advice easily.
3. OpenCart :-
OpenCart is the best open-source eCommerce platform that is available free to download and install on your own server. It incorporates everything you want to create, scale and manage your shop. For both digital & physical goods, it enables the user to set up unlimited products & products categories.
The dashboard gives you a detailed overview of every crucial data point of your business. OpenCart acts as one interface to build and control several stores.
OpenCart comes with many new & good features discussed below:-
- OpenCart platform is highly customizable with thousands of plugin extensions and themes. It is integrated with easy and varied payment gateways option.
- It provides user support to manage multiple stores & related products from one admin.
- A large network support is provided through a dedicated documentation & community that helps you in a pinch. It gives the benefit of self-hosting, administering your site on your own server.
- In case of emergency, it allows the user to set up their own back-ups and restorations. It incorporates many other features like an effective and customizable platform for your brand new e-commerce store with no monthly fees & no catches.
4. Big Commerce :-
Big Commerce is one of the most modern e-commerce platforms that has empowered around 50,000 & more online stores. Big commerce is suitable for any number of size of organization to set their site without any hassle.
The Big Commerce in-built features list is so broad that a store owner with no or very less technical knowledge can work on it. Few of the features are as below:-
- Design your store leaving beside all the hassles of plugin integration, coding, and other technical complexities design.
- It accepts payments from any platform & enables to select your provider with no penalties.
- You can connect seamlessly to the software you need & integrate them with Apps.
- With in-built conversion optimization tools, you can convert visitors into leads to grow revenue.
- It has all Featured tools you need to streamline your online store.
5. Zen Cart :-
Zen Car e-commerce platform is free, open source & user-friendly shopping cart software. Zen Cart is designed & implemented by a group of programmers, designers, and consultants with a very high & different approach. Zen Cart has easy installation feature that can be set-up by anyone having general web site building and computer skills. It provides easy shopping cart solutions putting shoppers & merchant’s requirement first.
Popular features for Zen Cart:-
- Being Open source it can be freely customized, the user can modify the source code in any way your application requires.
- Facility to integrate payment gateway easily. Even for integration of customized module, there are hundreds of community-contributed payment modules.
- Zen Cart can be installed on any hosting service you prefer.
- Your website can work great on any of the domain. You can easily create and configure your domain with your hosting company.
6. WooCommerce :-
WooCommerce is part of the WordPress plugins that are very popular in the world of e-commerce. It offers a free of cost installation, shopping cart, and a secure payment gateway. WooCommerce empowers over 30% of all online stores with over 1M+ downloads. It could be difficult to work with WooCommerce if you don’t know much about WordPress. Another drawback of WooComerce is that if you are planning to begin a multi-vendor site, an additional plugin would be required with additional cost. Still, WooCommerce comes with a couple of good features as below:-
- WooCommerce is built on WordPress that is most trusted & secure.
- WooCommerce enables the user to sell anything from products to digital subscriptions.
- It has the world’s most popular content management system that seamlessly integrates commerce with content.
- It follows a modular system approach and allows you to add any of the Plugin of WordPress easily.
- It has a worldwide community, people communicate from all over the world to discuss & connect.
Hopefully, this information has helped you in your decision but choosing the best e-commerce platform is not an easy task. Too many factors are to be considered before giving complete focus & time on one platform. Beebo Tech eCommerce Development Company helps you implement the best platform according to your company needs and requirements. Just tell your personal choice for the best e-commerce platform and we will do the rest from software implementation to product market growth online.