Cost To Develop and Maintain Flutter Mobile App Development
Thursday May 02, 2019,
5 min Read
In true sense, mobile apps have become a crucial part of human life in this modern arena. Whether you’re hungry, want to purchase clothes or household stuff, you just open the app and order online. The world is going mobile at a faster pace. That’s the reason, for businesses creating mobile apps, have become inevitable as humans are seeking flexibility and comfort.
However, Android and iOS are the two dominant platforms in the market on which your mobile apps needs to be deployed, which often becomes confusing for entrepreneurs to choose the right one. This is where the most popular hybrid cross-platform Flutter comes into the picture!
What is Flutter?
Flutter is an open source mobile app development platform introduced by Google in 2015 with a beta version. This platform enables flutter app developers to create great mobile applications with its advanced widgets and tools and provide visually attractive fast mobile apps on both the platforms- Android and iOS separately. The list of advantages that Flutter offers is very long, some of which are as follows:
- It is absolutely free
- The platform is based on a dart- a fast, purpose-oriented programming language which is in itself easy to learn
- The platform provides its own widgets that are created with its own high-performance interpretation engine, which makes the widgets fast and customizable
- With the amazing widgets options, you can create very attractive mobile apps with absolutely stunning UIs
- The structure of Flutter is based on the very popular reactive programming language of today’s
- This platform has become a rival of reactive native and also native apps
How is Flutter mobile app development cost estimated?
The best formula to measure the cost of app development in Flutter lies in calculating the numbers of hours a flutter app development company might take and multiply it with billable hours.
UI/UX design hours + hours consumed to develop an app on this platform + Backend server x Hourly rate of flutter app developers
Being a new competitor in the app development market, Flutter comes with its own list of advantages related to complete Native experience, supporting detailed documentation and app running time of 60FPS. Since this platform is new, the cost of Flutter mobile app development services is relatively high ranging from $15,000 to $40,000 depending upon your developer or the flutter app development services you might have hired.
Why choose Flutter platform over others?
- Time-saving: By using the same code for a myriad of mobile app platforms, a developer can easily save their time as they don’t have to write different codes for different platforms in different languages. This is the area of expertise of cross-platform development as it enables you to be fast and deliver alluring apps in the given timeframe.
- Consumes less testing time: As we all know the base code is the same for every platform, mobile app testers need to test the application on different devices. But with Flutter app development, the quality assurance team just needs to test the single version of the app, which ultimately reduces 50% time of testers.
- Wide reach: Don’t forget that a cross-platform always provide the mobile app with a wide reach as compared to native apps.
- Increases productivity: With Flutter it is easy! This platform doesn’t require developers to recompile the code every time changes are made as the change is visible immediately after it is saved. This ultimately boosts the productivity of developers.
- CD assistance: To alleviate the workload of developers, Google has further tied up with Codemagic- a CD solution- to automatically detect, test, develop and package the applications built using Flutter without any configuration. This eventually enhances the scalability of the platform and makes quick integration with larger applications.
How to estimate the cost of flutter app maintenance?
Unfortunately, the journey of Flutter mobile app development or any other mobile app development doesn’t come to an end with its final development. Businesses will have to continue upgrading their apps with the changing trends and new device or versions in the operating systems that come with a cost.
- App update: App updates are something that gives users something more intriguing. However, it depends on the business owner when an app update is required, which incurs a developing cost.
- Bug-fixes: No app is bug-free at all. And once your app gets published it becomes tough to fix those bugs so it is important to detect such bugs.
- Design changes: App designs are something that fascinates users but becomes outdated after a while. So to engage customers with your app, it is important to change app design and make it more accessible to users.
Overall, the Flutter app maintenance cost is calculated at the annual estimation of 20% of the whole app development cost.
So if you are looking for a reliable and high-tech Flutter development company, then you can contact us. We have extensive years of experience in developing mobile apps on cross-platforms, delivering quality mobile applications in the given timeframe. To send your query, email us at [email protected]