Learn How to Save Excel Contacts to Outlook Account Quickly – Solution
Know how to save Excel contacts to Outlook address book with attribute mapping. See manual as well as automated quick methods to migrate contacts from Excel file to Outlook account.
In today’s date, there are so many users who are looking for an appropriate solution for how to save Excel contacts to Outlook account. Because Microsoft Outlook is a prominently utilized email client application all over the globe. Most of the users prefer this application due to its advanced features and functionalities. Generally, MS Outlook is one of the safest platforms to save email addresses and other contact information. But, users are unaware of the conversion procedure. Even when they are trying to perform an export procedure they face various issues in efficient data transfer. But, do not worry! here in this article, we are going to discuss a reliable way to save Excel contacts to Outlook address book using mapping. Simply go through the whole write-up to learn how to save Excel contacts to Outlook contacts without any hindrance.
How to Save Contacts From Excel to Outlook Account – Free way
This free solution to save Excel contacts to Outlook is divided into two steps. This manual way to migrate contacts from Excel spreadsheet to Outlook discussed here needs mainly 2 steps. And they are, Exporting Excel to CSV format and then importing CSV to Outlook account. Simply follow the 2 methods and its following steps in a sequential manner to execute a proper conversion procedure properly.
Step #1: Export Excel Contacts as CSV
Here, to save Excel contacts to Outlook account, initially, you have to save the XLS file into CSV file format. And then import resultant CSV into your Microsoft Outlook account. Simply follow the below-outlined steps properly:
- First of all, open, worksheet with all contacts and details in an Excel spreadsheet
- After that, select the File menu option and choose Save As option.
- Here, select the desired location to store resultant files.
- Now, under Save As Type drop-down menu, you have to select ‘CSV’ option
- Then, hit a click on Save button to proceed forward.
- Lastly, hit on the OK button, it will show you a message box. In which you have to click on Yes button to save CSV files.
Step #2: Import Outcome CSV File to Outlook Account
After completion of the above-stated steps now, you have to import resultant CSV file into Outlook program. Let’s follow the below-explained steps for the same, and this will allow to save Excel contacts to Outlook address book:
- Initially, choose the File option from MS Outlook ribbon.
- Now, choose Open & Export and Import/Export option
- Then, opt Import from another program or file option and click on Next
- After that, choose Comma Separated Value ‘CSV’ then, click on Next button to proceed further.
- Here, under the option choose whether you need to replace duplicates or generate duplicate email addresses and or not import duplicate contacts.
- Subsequently, hit on Next and choose the desired folder for your exported contacts. Afterward, either you choose a various folder or create a new one.
- Now, Click on Next button.
- Additionally, make sure that you have checked the box next to Import Savecontacts.csv (This is presuming as the file name) is checked or not.
- Finally, click on the Finish button, to end up the procedure to save Excel contacts to Outlook.
After performing the above-stated solution, if you still unable to see you Excel contacts in your Microsoft Outlook account; then you can try another technique for the same.
Method # 2: Utilizing Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Option
Mainly, MS Outlook furnishes an option to save email addresses from Excel to Outlook directly. To do so, follow the steps appropriately.
- Firstly, choose File tab from Outlook ribbon.
- After that, hit on Open >> Import. This will automatically start a wizard
- Now, in Import/Export wizard click on Import from another program or file and then hit on Next.
- Then, you have to choose Microsoft Excel 97-2003 option
- In addition, browse MS Excel file, in the Import a File box, then double-click to choose it.
- Here, click on next to proceed forward.
- Choose the Contacts folder and hit on Next
- Ultimately, select the Finish option to terminate the procedure appropriately.
Attention Note:- The above-stated manual method to save Excel contacts to Outlook account is not supported by MS Outlook 2013 and above versions. Moreover, the above free approach will only import MS Excel file from MS Excel version 97-2003. In the case of other versions, this technique is not applicable. So, it is better to switch to an alternative solution to transfer Excel contacts to MS Outlook address book.
Instant Way to Save Excel Contacts to Outlook
As you can see, the above-explained manual solution is so lengthy and time-taking. So, it’s better to opt an efficient method provided by SysTools which is named as Excel to Outlook converter tool to export XLS to Outlook contacts. Using this software, you can easily convert spreadsheet email addresses to Microsoft Outlook account. It is possible to map all fields of Excel file to Outlook attributes using this application. Basically, this tool does not integrate with any kind of data loss activity. However, it facilitates the safe and secure conversion process without losing a pinch of valuable data. Moreover, it furnishes an understandable and simple user interface. So, a novitiate user can also utilize it without any fuss. Besides, it is programmed to provide a quick and effective migration procedure.
A user should have to aware of the fact i.e., Microsoft Outlook supports both VCF and CSV file formats. But, if you are trying to save contacts from XLS to Outlook using CSV then, you generate some new issues for yourself. Because the manual way to save Excel contacts to Outlook has some limitations. Thus, it is recommended to opt an alternative approach named as Excel to Outlook converter tool. Moreover, you can choose any one of them as per your choice and depending upon the data that you need to migrate.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.