Every week a programming language with rapid advancements in computer science come in to existence, some become popular and others get extinct. It’s getting tougher to decide what to use in a project and what to leave. In this emerging chaos all of us might have somewhere heard or read about node js but most of don’t have idea that what is it and why it is getting popular. This article targets to introduce audience from all professions with node js.
How Node js works which makes it faster?
Why big brands are adopting Node js even when it can’t leverage multiple cores?
Java’s approach to leverage hardware capabilities by simultaneously accessing all cores can help a system to serve more user and requests but the requests won’t be served as fast as we need in real time applications. Node js at the moment works as a single threaded asynchronous micro service which cannot access multiple cores simultaneously but it serves requests really fast as a result the hardware requirements are reduced. For example if YouTube places servers in a country where high speed internet is not accessible to users then serving the requests faster will be a better approach rather than using java to enable the system for rendering 4k content because nobody will be able to watch it.
How big brands like YouTube, Netflix are going to serve requests that need large computing power?
- Hierarchically connected micro components can be assigned to work on different cores in such a fashion that the application harnesses the power of multicore functionality.
- If a micro level component fails it will not impact the overall functionality of application unless it is one of the most critical micro components.
- The faulty component can be fixed even when the application is working.
- So applications will not have any downtime.
- Faster serving of requests on all hierarchical levels will increase the overall speed of application exponentially.
- By serving way more number of requests per unit time will reduce the requirements of hardware.
- Companies can observe 10 to 50 percent decrease in hardware requirements.
Where to use Node js?
Node js is being used in backend web applications where stagnant real time access of data is required like banking, finance, trading, combat & defence systems. Now companies are working together to switch from architecture of macro level components to micro level components for inhering the speed from node js at every hierarchical level it will simultaneously increase the fault tolerance of overall system.
Which type of applications can get the most out of Node js?
The applications which depends on real time data and fast loading of data should use node js for back end development of their applications.
- IoT products
- Capital markets digital platform
- Financial services
- Video streaming apps
- Ecommerce platforms
- BPM tools
- Project management tools
- Ride hailing services
If you own any web application for above listed products and services then you should reach out a java development company or a web application development company to leverage the high speed back end capabilities with node js development. If you found this article interesting then please click on clap, share it with your friends and stay tuned for more tech buzz.
Digital Marketing Specialist in a web application development company and a tech enthusiast who loves to read and get acquainted with latest technologies that are going to change our world. A guy who is keen to write about emerging technological trends that are leading us to the age of autonomous payment systems, AI based commuting services and robots with blazing fast web applications running on low end to high end hardware.