There are several benefits to registering your website with webmaster tools. Utilizing webmaster tools on your website can ensure that you're running a healthy website with the utmost efficiency.
- Access to search statistics on Google
- Latest data regarding incoming links and internal links
- Sends notification if your site has any crawl errors (misdirecting) and/or malware (spam, viruses, etc)
- Shows you keywords you are targeting and how effective they are
- Insights into crawling and indexing activity on the site
Setting up & Verifying Webmaster Tools
Setting up and installing Webmaster tools into your website could be a fairly easy procedure. It will need that you simply will access either your domain name control panel or your website code so you'll verify that you own and operate the web site. If you do not know how to do this contact your internet designer or IT adviser to assist you out here.
If setting up yourself you may require a free Google account in order to set up Google services.
The “Traffic” tab also allows you to access your link information. Inbound and internal links are the holy grail for SEO.
- Links from somebody else’s website to yours. Here you want to be looking for quality. The goal is for high quality sites with good content, page rank, and relevant to your needs to link from their page to your site.
- It is important to not have these inbound links always directing to one page (i.e. Home Page). Push the direction of links to other pages that may not be seen as much in order to strengthen your SEO.
- In layman’s terms, an internal link is one that points to another page on the same website.
- The more links that point to a particular page, Google sees that as the page having a perceived value.
- Internal links help facilitate the movement of your visitor through your site.
Google Search Console Manjeet Madhukar