Top 10 Places to Visit in September in India
The fall of the year, the month of September is the time when monsoon is in its last session and winters are about to invade. The month with a pleasant atmosphere, that indulges an urge to travel within you. Here are some places to visit in September in India:
1. Munnar, Kerala: The picturesque landscape of Munnar resembles something out of a fairytale. Munnar is your answer to why Kerala is known as ‘God's own country.’ The enormous tea plantations, the gushing waterfall, the mist, the vibrant species of plants, and the romantic weather will make you fall in love with nature.
2. Coorg in Karnataka also known as the mini Scotland of India. Coorg is one of the most beautiful places not just in South India, but the whole country. Visit Coorg in the month of September and witness the beauty of Coorg at its peak.
3. Jaisalmer, Rajasthan is also known as the Golden City of India. It is located in the Thar Desert. It's called Golden City because of the yellow sand and the sandstone used to make the structures in this city. Rajasthan's climate is the best from September to March. Visit the magnificent forts, palaces, and enjoy camel rides in the desert that will leave you spellbound.
4. Shillong, Meghalaya: Shillong is nestled in the abode of clouds, Meghalaya, where the weather changes like a colorful canvas. The monsoons makes Shillong blossom charmingly. The beauty of East of India has to be seen to be believed. A trip to Shillong will definitely add to your best travel memories.
5. Orchha, Madhya Pradesh: The forts and ruins of Orchha are as old as the 15th century with a rich history formed around this region. There are absolutely stunning and amazing views from the fort and the riverside where you can feel the royal touch. In the summers, this place is considerably hot, but in September, the weather is super pleasant and ideal for visiting Orchha. This in turn increases the number of tourists visiting this place.
6. Spiti, Himachal Pradesh: Spiti is a delight for trekkers. The Buddhist monasteries will rejuvenate and revive you. Camping near the Chandratal Lake is extremely thrilling. Spiti is full of surprises and the best time to visit is September. If you are looking for peace of mind, Spiti has a lot to offer.
7. The fun capital of India, Goa in Western India is blessed with incredible biodiversity. The variety of beaches, hardcore party areas, flea markets, traditional churches, etc. Goa has it all. September is the ending period of the Off Season in Goa, so the party capital of India has less tourists, which give you enough personal space.
8. Lake Tsongmo in Sikkim is one of the few Glacial Lakes in India situated at an elevation of 12000 feet. The Lake is considered sacred by the Sikkimese. It is associated with many legends and myths. Sikkim is home to many beautiful destinations, but Lake Tsongmo is the places to visit in September in India as recommended by locals and visitors.
9. Udaipur, Rajasthan also called the 'Venice of East' is a city surrounded by outstanding royal palaces and beautiful lakes giving it the name of 'Lake City'. Pichola Lake, the grand City Palace, the Monsoon Palace (Sajjan Garh) enhance the beauty of this marvellous city. A trip to Udaipur in September will change your perception of Rajasthan as being a hot state.
10. Rann of Kutch, Gujarat: The splendid white desert of India is amazing. This isolated barren land for endless miles looks absolutely stunning. From rich cultural heritage to historical significance to handicrafts, Rann of Kutch is another major tourist hub.