Okay, so you have rented a co-working space or may be thinking of renting one and you are wondering how I should create a business network in this place. Here are some tips to help you create a perfect network at your co-working space.
Since, you are reading this article, I am assuming you already have been around the idea of shared office spaces or co-working spaces as it’s been popularity called. Okay, so you have rented a co-working space or may be thinking of renting one and you are wondering how I should create a business network in this place. Here are some tips to help you create a perfect network at your co-working space.
1. Explore the place and strike up conversation whenever you see an opportunity- Travelling all the way to your co-working space and passionately working at your desk is great way to cover much of your work, but that you can do at your work place also. You need to talk to people to build up a network, someone might approach you at times but that’s not going to happen always. So, go up to people and discuss each other’s business to gain insight of kind of businesses involved with your work space.
2. Attend Community Events- Almost every co-work space organize events and other community activities which gives you a great opportunity to meet up a lot of entrepreneurs. Be sure to attend these events and increase your chance to build a perfect business network.
3. Offer people something useful- If you meet somebody or get into conversation with someone, you can offer a trade with them with something you need and they can provide. This creates a perfect relation of barter type system to grow your business network.
4. Make use of promotional material or create some if you don’t have any- So, promotional material is something like business cards or Mugs, pens and t-shirt with your business names and URL. In case something is interest in you as a person, he might visit your website by looking at your merchandise. Other thing you can do is intentionally leave your promotional merchandise on desk or tables, so people can visit your website just out of curiosity. You can even distribute them. It’s a great way of spreading your company/brand’s name.
5. Host events in your Co-working Space- If your schedule does not match the timing of an event, what you can do is host your own. Make sure to plan your budget accordingly and work around it. You can even promote your business in a clever way and make sure to provide some form of entertainment.
“You can make most of your co-work space, if you have the desire.”
Stories by Abhishek Rana