When people hear content marketing, blogs come to mind.
Unfortunately, content marketing isn’t just about blogging. It’s more — in fact, way more.
If you are just starting content marketing efforts for your business, it is fine to begin with a blog. Launch it and start writing.
Then, when your blog has settled in, and the cogs and wheels are gearing away, try tossing in a different type of content. No doubt you will quickly notice a difference—more traffic, unique visitors, improved conversion rates and enhanced SEO.
Before we begin, here are a few things you should know about content:
- You don’t need to engage every type you come across: The right content varies for each brand.
- Don’t be scared about wading into new territory: You never know what might skyrocket your brand to the next level. For example, look at augmented reality (AR). It is fast becoming popular for brands, especially with the Pokemon Go craze. Before now it was tentative territory.
- Select one and use it in your schedule: If you have a content marketing calendar, try out one new format and see what difference it makes.
An infographic is basically a stylised presentation of information or data that is visually appealing.
Infographics are shared more, viewed more and often preferred to most other content types. They are a solid way to disseminate your information in an attractively visual format. A study revealed that infographics were three times more likely to be “liked” and shared than other content types on social media.
If you have an in-house designer, get them to design your content infographic style. Some graphic artists are great at data visualisation. However, if you don’t have any, you may turn to Visual.ly for help. Use it to communicate data or statistics-based information.
Perhaps the best thing about memes is their humour. People enjoy content that they can laugh at, share and amuse themselves with.
- You don’t require special design skills for memes. There are sites like Meme Generator that can help you customise yours.
- Memes may not always be the best type of content for your website; they are most effective on social media platforms.
- Memes are mood-based material; they can be used at the spur of the moment, or in reaction to an event.
Memes are low-value, so depending on the image you want to project, don’t over indulge them.
Videos offer you a world of variety. No matter what type of video it is for online invoicing workspace, a good one communicates a message in a concise and unforgettable manner. When applied effectively, videos can be particularly persuasive.
Whether it is a video created for a product demo, office tour or a funny animation, your script has to be correct. A video isn’t just about moving images, it’s about what you say and how you display it. Share your video on YouTube or Vimeo- both great sites for video content.
Making a good video doesn’t come cheap, but you can start small, depending on the purpose and returns expected.
James Cummings, CEO at writing agency Daily Posts, Says, “A guide is a detailed, long content piece. You may see it as a grand blog post. It exceeds the length, quality, and style of your typical blog post. Guides have more visual panache and are more thorough in format.
You will need a good writer, designer and a rave idea to create a wordpress hosting to guide. The writer must produce first-class content for the designer to present it in an appealing way. The idea has to be something your audience will find interesting and to inform them.”
5. Book reviews
This may sound unusual. What is my business doing reviewing books? But if you are a media agency or a professional consultant, book reviews on topics within your industry can be a good content piece for your audience.
Set it up as a discussion and include your take on it. Recommend good books and critique the ones you didn’t think were so good. Share the lessons you learned from them. Book reviews are also good for positioning you (or your brand) as an authority in your field.
February 21, 2017
February 21, 2017
Stories by Hicks Crawford