Business in Bulk, Tecpro aims at Rs1000 cr turnover by March 2010
Tecpro Systems Ltd has gone from strength to strength since they ventured into bulk material handling in 2002. Ajay Kumar Bishnoi, one of the co-founders tells YourStory that executing the projects in specified time has been their key forte. Company, now aims at Rs 1000 crore turnover by March 2010
As CEO of Material Handling Division of Fenner (India) Ltd, I realised that growth is only possible if I branch-out on my own. The Indian business environment today provides lot of opportunities for people who wish to start their own venture. A good professional company which is tailored on the principles of customer satisfaction will work in any market, more so in India. In a regular job you are constrained by lots of rules, regulations and ideas, which stifle entrepreneurial ability. Hence, the decision to become an entrepreneur!
The initial years were no doubt tough but Tecpro’s main USP is an excellent team, which was formed right in April 2002 when I left Fenner. Most of the key team members are ex-Fenner. We were fortunate enough to have a running unit which was owned by Mr. Amul Gabrani, the co-promoter of the company. Since we were known in the market it was not very difficult to get our first big order. We have always believed in customer satisfaction, executing project as per the agreed specifications and within the specified time. With these 3 major beliefs, we obviously could deliver to the satisfaction of our initial customers and it has resulted in repeat orders.
The initial challenge was not the marketing but to execute the project in time and convince our bankers about our need for working capital. With growth and good performance it’s been taken care of.
The turning point was the first big order from Reliance Energy for Yamunanagar Plant- a single order close to Rs100 crore in the year 2005. Suddenly, we became a big player in this industry. It gave us recognition; all other major clients who had requirements for large material handling systems started enquiring about our company. In addition, it gave confidence both to our team and our bankers and sent right signals to our creditors.
The entire Tecpro Group is currently looking at 3 major business segments: bulk handling and all material handling activities under Tecpro Systems Ltd; putting up power plants in EPC sector by Tecpro Power Systems Ltd; ash handling systems in Tecpro Ash Tech Ltd.
All the companies are professionally run and manned by some of the best professionals in the respective fields.
- Tecpro Systems Ltd has been growing at the rate of more than 100% in the last 6 years and, with new business verticals being planned in Tecpro Systems, the company is poised to grow further. It should be Rs1000 crore turnover company by the year March 2010.
- Tecpro Power Systems Ltd is a new company and is executing 2 major jobs in EPC sector. It is looking at booking huge business in its area. The captive power business provides a very exciting market with a tremendous potential.
- Tecpro Ash Tech Ltd is a new acquisition for the Group. The company after acquisition has shown a good performance in March’08. We are looking at doubling its turnover in March’09 from last year.
There is tremendous scope in the infrastructure sector, mainly in Power, Steel and Cement. All the 3 main companies of the Group have good business potential in these 3 sectors. The parent company, Tecpro Systems Ltd is also considering entering in to BOP (Balance of Plants), which is another very big growth area.
Almost all the requirements which are required to grow the business are available with the company. The main area of concentration is to retain the manpower and to add further skilled people to take care of the growth.
Tips for budding entrepreneurs
- Believe in what you are doing
- The key to success is to believe in whatever you choose to do and then carry out the work with passion.
- Fix a personal goal and make all out efforts to achieve that goal.
- Any work done with passion, sincerity and will to succeed will always bring success.