Deadline extended to January 2, 2010.
The objective for the EdelGive Social Innovation Honours 2010 is to identify and reward organisations that are innovating to empower women in India. This year’s award categories are as follows:
• Health and well being: Awarding an innovation which promotes women’s health and overall well-being
• Education: Awarding an innovation which provides women with access to education and /or improved quality of education
• Livelihoods: Awarding an innovation which helps women increase their income, and / or provides them with employment opportunities.
• Social and Cultural rights: Awarding an innovation which helps women overcome social and cultural challenges.
• Governance: Awarding an innovation which prepares women to participate in available legislative positions
In 2008, the Indian financial services firm, Edelweiss Capital Ltd partnered with Kubera Partners, a private equity firm based in USA and launched the EdelGive Social Innovation Honours (formerly known as the Kubera Edelweiss Social Innovation Honours), a national awards programme, managed by EdelGive Foundation, with a vision to recognize, promote and support outstanding innovations that are catalysing positive social change across India. Ernst & Young Pvt. Ltd., the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) and the Institute for Rural Management Anand (IRMA) are partners of the EdelGive Social Innovation Honours to ensure transparency and rigour of processes.
For further information on the award categories, the broad selection criteria, etc please visit here, contact us via email or call: +91 22 65240579/80. Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is 21st of December 2009.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.