Only 45% children in Rajasthan in Std. V can read Class II level text (Source – ASER 2009)
Read Rajasthan is a 3 year initiative to change this!
On 23rd august 2010, Government of Rajasthan has signed a MoU with Pratham Rajasthan for improving the quality of education in close to 3000 government schools of 11 blocks of 11 districts.
The initiative christened “Read Rajasthan” is an effort to:-
• Improve the Learning level of the children in class 1 to 5 and bringing them to the expected level;
• By involving the community in improving the education status;
• Leading to change in teaching-learning practices in the schools from textbook centric to child centric.
We are looking for fresh graduates to join as Development Trainees with following qualities:-
• Should understand the importance of education in the development of the country.
• Ability to handle programs on scale.
• Understanding of the program and ability to mould the program as per the ground realities.
• Ability to mobilize large number of volunteers.
• Exhibit high level of energy and cheerfulness.
• Willing to travel and live in field offices with the teams.
• Look for ways and means for continuous self improvement and programs.
• Understanding of demography of rural Rajasthan is preferable.
• Should be self motivated and work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to lead and motivate a large team of Trainer and Monitors and Block Co-ordinators.
• Should be able to understand the nuances of training and develop as a good trainer over a period of time.
If you think, you want to part of this effort, apply today to email@example.com with your resume and a note (1 page) on why you want to be part of Read Rajasthan. Last date to apply – 10th October 2010. Honorarium – Rs 8000/- (plus mobile and accommodation. TDS –as per norms).
Come; join the movement to make a difference to Rajasthan’s future!