Babajob is hiring a Bihar ManagerShital Shah
Babajob.com is looking for a passionate, creative individual to head our activities in Bihar, build up our database of local job seekers and create relationships with local employers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and build job seeker partnerships, includingMFIs
- Educational & Vocational Skill training institutes
- Employment exchanges
- Develop and build local employer partnerships to ensureOngoing job posts
- Sales of Babajob premium employer services
The position will require travel in the state (2-3 weeks a month).
Background and Experience
- 5-8 years of experience in marketing/sales/business development with an MFI/Telco; Field experience is a requirement
- Experience working remotely
- Strong local network with potential job seeker partners
- Strong existing relationships with senior decision makers at large corporates
- Is thrilled at the chance to work in a startup environment and take-on a senior leadership role inside our organization
- Is motivated, creative and excited about the potential for software to change the world
The candidate will report directly to the CEO and COO. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Babajob.com connects employers and informal sector workers via the web and the mobile phone (voice,sms, wap). It is positioned as a scalable, replicable, profitable solution to fight poverty by creating radicalefficiencies in the informal sector job market.
Babajob.com was founded in September 2007 by a TED Fellow (Bangalore launch) and went national inJanuary 2009. We currently have 16 full-time employees and 2 short-term fellows.
As of July 2011, we have almost 2,00,000 job seekers and are adding approximately 1000 job seekers aday across India. We have had over half a million job postings and aim to have 250,000 job seekers andover 1 million job postings in the next 6 months.
We won the MoMo Global Peer Jury award in 2009, were finalists for Sankalp’s Social entrepreneurshipawards in 2009 and are winners of the India Development Marketplace Awards 2011.