One of the problems most people face is the availability of too much information about trips and destinations. Planning a trip can take the fun out of the whole experience. Traverik is a startup that aims to address this by letting you build custom travel itinerary based on intelligent suggestions and curated information. You can even collaborate with friends using Traverik.
We had spoken to Bangalore based Traverik in August when they had opened their beta, through this post we learn more about their experience so far, monetization ideas and future plans.
Traverik founder Ashutosh Pandey answers a few questions about his startup.
What are the unique features of Traverik?
Distinctive Features of Traverik are:
- Intuitive design (the daily travel-chain in flowchart manner is unique and makes it very easy to understand and use)
- The Autogenerated itinerary is based on multiple factors ( vicinity, type of place, time of arrival and approx time spent by travellers) builds you an itinerary in seconds!
- Collaboration with friends/travel-mates to create a social itinerary – (Very helpful when planning with friends/family members in different cities)
- Customizable Plan – you can drag/drop/reorder/add/delete destinations or activities easily.
- Easy consumption (email/pdf/print) and easily sharable over Social Networks.
We launched to public on 24th September, 2012. Currently we have around 250 users.
In the coming weeks we will be primarily focused on these 3 things.
- Hotel and restaurant recommendation and booking from our application itself.
- Mobile apps – as it augments the consumption part of the plan.
- Partnership with various local tour operators/travel guides
We want to be able to cover the entire cycle, right from planning stage to the final travel experience.
How do you plan to monetize the platform?
Traverik provides for a very targeted form of advertising. We are trying to get tour-operators, hotels, local event organizers interested in using our platform for reaching out to our users for a small subscription fee.
What was the motivation behind this? What problem/pain-point of travellers are you solving with this platform?
Call it a coincidence, but whenever we used to travel, it was mostly decided at the spur of the moment. So there was hardly any planning done. In some cases, when we did have spare time, we found planning to be quite boring and difficult. Sure, information has always been on the Internet, but combing through such huge data is not to everyone’s liking. Moreover, there was no such tool that would allow us to plan collaboratively.
It was while on a trip to Kodaikanal back in 2011, that the idea stuck with me to build something that could help us. Thus Traverik came into being to solve the problem of “unplanned travel”.
Now people can just log in and get started with an itinerary in seconds. Those who are short of time can use it as it is, while others can customize it to their liking. That’s not all; group travellers can discuss, collaborate and come up with a plan that suits everyone. Any individual can invite his friends or some travel expert to help him with the plan. All of this at a single place. We aim to make social travel planning cool and fun.
More info on Traverik here.
Applications for TravelSparks are open till April 30 2013.
Criteria for selection: Business model, Market, Team-Experience, Innovation, Social/ecological impact ( for the sustainable tourism category )
Click below to join us on Facebook for all the updates
Click below to follow TravelSparks on Twitter for the latest updates, contests and news.
For more information or sponsorship/partnership opportunities write to Vallabh Rao vallabh AT yourstory DOT in