Google now lets you return a paid app within a two hour windowJubin Mehta
From the day shopping started happening online, there have been retractors saying that the offline feel can never be replicated. But over time, online shopping has only increased and technology has reached to a point where the experience is getting better by the day. There have been different ways to make users comfortable and this has been different for different geographies. Mobile and apps have now hit the world in a big way and purchasing apps is a part of life for an average westerner. The penetration is deepening in developing markets as well as people start getting comfortable with the idea of paying for apps.Google always allowed to return a paid app but the time window hasn't been confirmed. There is an official announcement now that reads:
After purchasing an app or game on Google Play, you can return it within two hours for a full refund.
How to do this on your device?
- Open the Google Play Store Google Play Store app.
- Touch the Google Play Store Play Store icon > My Apps.
- Select the app or game you'd like to return.
- Select Refund (If the two-hour refund window has not yet passed, Open and Refund buttons will be displayed. If a Refund button is not displayed, your purchase is not eligible for return.)
- Follow the instructions to complete your refund and uninstall your app or game.
This move puts a lot of focus on quality and the user knows that s/he's be paying only for the apps they value. Apple doesn't advertise or doesn't say that it supports returns but they do refund in case of genuine cases.
Read the official announcement on Google's support page here.