[Infographic] Pune Startup Pulse: 30% companies profitable, 60% looking to raise funds and more
TechSparks is YourStory's flagship event whose fifth edition we concluded last month (top 30 companies that presented). The event has city editions before going to Bangalore for the Grand Finale. One of the city events was in Pune where more than 250 participants from the startup ecosystem (out of which ~50% would be entrepreneurs). We had some questions for them and from what they responded, we've come up with an infographic which has some interesting insights into the Pune ecosystem. (here are the top startups from Pune to have an eye out for)
- E-commerce and Consumer Internet startups form 48% and 35% of the survey respondents
- Only 38% of the startups are revenue generating and only 30% are profit making
- 63% of the startups are leveraging Android while iOS and Windows are being leveraged by 43% of the startups
- 35% of the startups are leveraging Amazon Web Service and Google App Engine for their cloud requirement
- 35% of all startups have headcount growth plans of 5-10 in the coming 6-12 months
- 55% of the startups have only 2 co-founders
- 43% of the startups were bootstrapped
- 60% of the startups were looking for seed funding and 15% for Series A in the next 6-12 months
- 78% of the startups had not pitched to an investor till date
Here is the complete infographic:
* In case the % is not 100, the respondents have chosen not to respond. For instance, 12% of respondents have chosen not to disclose revenue details.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.