In this world of fluctuating happiness, fleeting relationships and seemingly endless problems, peace and serenity seem next to impossible. We are a society torn by divide. We battle for our greed and lick our wounds for our pride. We market our insecurities and use cynical shields to protect ourselves from falling. In an age where the world centres on the grey, it’s easy to give up on the light. But, like they say, when the clouds clear, we do get sunny skies. And sometimes, we just need a few people who make it their life’s mission to help raise the living out of this sloth and to remind us that we’re all here for a reason.
Today, we pay a tribute to one of the most revered and celebrated man in the world, Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama. Tenzin, like his respected predecessors, had set camp in the sacred Tibet. But at the onset of the Tibetian uprising in 1959, he fled to India where he was granted refuge. Despite the fact that China soon declared war on India and demanded that he be asked to return, India, under Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, refused to relent, and the Dalai Lama was thus stationed behind a safe fortress. Since then, he has made India his home, his current residence being at Dharamsala. The Dalai Lama has travelled the world to advise and inspire people on the sanctity of happiness in human life and the need for peace for a greater tomorrow.
The Dalai Lama is no ordinary man. Be it the spiritualists, the realists or the sceptics, everyone agrees that he is enlightened in the truest sense of the world. He sees and knows a world beyond our mortal realities and has oriented his life in the path of peace and righteousness.
In his honour, we would like to brighten up your day with some of his most famous and motivating quotes. We hope that they resonate somewhere within you and make you see the colour in all of the grey.
- “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”
- “There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.’
- No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.”
- “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.”
- “The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual’s own reason and critical analysis.”
- “In order to carry a positive action, we must develop here a positive vision.”
- “Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.”
- “People take different roads seeking fulfilment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.”
- “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
- “Human potential is the same for all. Your feeling, “I am of no value”, is wrong. Absolutely wrong. You are deceiving yourself. We all have the power of thought – so what are you lacking? If you have willpower, then you can change anything. It is usually said that you are your own master.”
- “The creatures that inhabit this earth –be they human beings or animals –are here to contribute, each in its own particular way, to the beauty and prosperity of the world.
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.”
- “Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.”
- “The best way to resolve any problem in the human world is for all sides to sit down and talk.”
- “Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.”
- “I find hope in the darkest of days and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.”
If you know of any other quotes by him which have inspired you to live better, please let us know in the comments below.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding and Startup Course. Learn from India's top investors and entrepreneurs. Click here to know more.