Codewave, a technology solutions development company founded in May 2013 by Krishnamurthy Hugoppalu Abhijith in partnership with his life partner Vidhya Abhijith, is thriving, carving out a niche for itself in the industry. This power couple’s startup has already started making its mark in the market, with the company launching over 100 responsive websites and 70 apps serving people in more than 15 countries.
Learnings from 2016:
Abhijith told YourStory, “2016 has been a year of disruptive thinking - from founding our own product to saying no to anonymous feedback to staying on top of new technology possibilities." Here are our top three learnings:
- Growth is a daily affair: Growth is a daily affair, not a yearly one. Say no to bell curves, annual performance reviews and anonymous feedback. Adopt peer-to-peer feedback and enable growth at all moments of opportunity. 87 percent of organisations say that culture and engagement is one of their top challenges. (Source: Deloitte Human Capital Trends 2015) Peerly aims to drive higher levels of peer-to-peer engagement, enabling a highly transparent, empathetic workplace culture.
- Project Management can fall short: We replaced the traditional “Project Manager” role with an “Account Manager” role (AM), where an AM is not just responsible for onboarding a customer, but also for delivering the solution to the customer in the most holistic manner. We consider “product thinking” and “starting with why” as our biggest strengths, being a services company.
- Be transparent about how much money we’re making: We made our business proposals public to everyone on the team, so that everyone is aware of how much each project and the company on the whole is making. How much is needed to sustain every month. This makes it easier for people to openly discuss salaries, company profits and cash flows.
Key Milestones achieved till 2016:
- Have enabled more than 10 startups to launch this year, with apps for businesses and consumers; the most recent being Vroom, a ride sharing app similar to Ola, which went live in Chennai recently.
- The company has launched over 100 responsive websites and 70 apps serving people in more than 15 countries.
*If you are unable to scroll the above Storyline, click here. *
Updating your storyline on YSProfiles increases your visibility, keeps your network informed, and gets you featured on the Storyline series. Request yours now (invite only)!
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to email@example.com