Click here to view complete eKincare Storyline
With the onset of the Digital India initiative, eKincare is among the few healthcare technology startups in the country that have continuously made strides in product features like the digitisation of electronic health records, predictive health analytics and healthcare services with a pan-India presence.
Imagine if you had to check the medical history of an old injury to treat a health condition today. The amount of hunting, tracking, and work you would need to put in makes for a harrowing experience. Now, most of the medical jargons in these reports are also not easily understood by the layman, who is. Hence, ignorant of his or her critical health risks and the next logical step to be taken.
It was with this idea in mind that Kiran Kalakuntla, a Duke University graduate with over a decade of experience, launching over 30 technology products in the US, decided to start eKincare, and was soon joined by Srikanth Samudrala as a co-founder. It is a digital platform that enables users to monitor their medical information, get actionable health insights, and avail discounted healthcare services anywhere, at any time, with a click of a button.
Learnings from 2016:
Kiran Kalakuntla, Founder, eKincare, told YourStory, “Being a healthcare tech and analytics company, understanding market requirements and pivoting through fast product iterations has been the key to moving rapidly in the healthcare industry.With our industry-wide B2B and B2C solutions,and the leveraging of our digital platform as a mode of communication to connect all the stakeholders, we have been significantly able to reduce costs, operational time and hassles at every touchpoint.”
He further added, ”Understanding the industry’s key pain points and transforming our product capabilities, making them more suited to business requirements, has been our key learning during this time. We know the importance of customer engagement, which is just as significant as client acquisition and monetisation, one driving the other, and hence, have focused tremendously on enhanced user experience through our product offerings.”
He believes that the lessons of 2016 will play a great role as they embark on their 2017 journey, and with the Indian government’s greater push towards taking India digital, they are ALL IN for the upcoming challenges.
Key milestones till 2016:
- Reached an exhaustive set of more than six million data points.
- Partnered with over 1,500 diagnostic centres across 33 cities in India.
- Roped in more than 15 big clients, including the likes of Barclay’s, Swiss Re, Aditya Birla, United Health,OPTUM, and WNS Global.
- Amongst top six Indian startups to be selected by Swiss Re for its First Ever Global Accelerator Program.
- The company has been voted as one of the “Global Digital Health 100 companies” by the prestigious Journal of mHealth.
- Has been acknowledged as one of 2016’s seven rising startups in India by TechInAsia.
- Among the 25 Promising Startups for the Technology Issue Magazine.
- Cited as one of five startups that make a doctor’s job easy by CIOL.
*Click here to view complete eKincare Storyline*
Updating your storyline on YSProfiles increases your visibility, keeps your network informed, and gets you featured on the Storyline series. Request yours now (invite only)!