9 unusual facts about Peter Thiel you probably didn’t know
Wednesday December 14, 2016,
2 min Read
Peter Thiel is known to be an independent thinker and a smart entrepreneur. However, there are several facts about him that we probably couldn’t have imagined. Let’s have a look at few of the unknown things associated with him.
Image credits: www.wikipedia.com
- Thielis known to invest in eccentric projects. For instance, the Thiel Foundation has invested considerable sums on3D printed meat. He has also encouraged youngsters to quit college and start their own business.
- Thiel has invested in numerous online businesses at their grassroots. Apart from Facebook, others include LinkedIn, Booktrack, Slide, Friendster, RapLeaf, Geni, Yammer, YelpInc, Powerset, and Practice Fusion.
- Unlike others in Siicon Valley, Peter Thiel backed Donald Trump in the 2016 Presidential Elections and is expected to be a Trump delegate at the Republic National Convention.
- He was rated a master by the United States Chess Federation. One of the highest rated under-21 players, he is said to have applied chess concepts to become a billionaire.
- His favourite question is, “What do you believe that almost no one agrees with you on?”
- He supports anti-aging research. Through Breakout Lab’s, a programmebyThiel Foundation, Peter Thiel is funding research to “increase the human health span, tackle neurodegenerative diseases, and reverse age-related decline.”
- Peter Thiel is a strong advocate of liberty and human rights. Being openly gay, he supports the American Foundation for Equal Rights and GOProud, to raise his voice against the injustice done to various sections of the society.
- Peter Thiel co-produced the satirical drama Thank You for Smoking along with Elon Musk and Max Levchin.
- Thiel, who holds a bachelor’s degree in philosophy and a law degree from Stanford, has taught the course, ‘Computer Science 183: Startup’ at his alma mater.
Phew! If this doesn’t define interesting, then what does? This maverick surely has amazing ideas and interests that will take the world by storm in the years to come.