Through her actions, Deepika teaches us to live, laugh and loveSharika S Nair
Standing tall (literally and otherwise) with a smile, eyes, and features that can kill, Deepika Padukone is considered a diva for all the right reasons. Besides her flourishing career on the big screen, she has always voiced her support for various causes. She has started the Live Laugh Love Foundation, an organisation to promote mental healthcare. She has been associated with the Greenathon Campaign initiative by NDTV. As a volunteer in the campaign, she adopted a village called Ambegaon, situated in Maharashtra, with an aim to provide it with proper electricity supply. She is also associated with the welfare organisation Olympic Gold Quest, led by her father, Prakash Padukone.
Be it modelling, acting, sports or philanthropy, this bold and beautiful actress has always made her mark in every field. She is a national level badminton player and a state level baseball player. She is also learned in the martial art form of jujutsu, and did all her stunts in the movie Chandni Chowk To China.
She is known to be a name synonymous with success. She has delivered critically acclaimed performances in Piku, as the daughter of Amitabh Bachchan’s character, and in Bajirao Mastani, in which she plays the role of Mastani, the heartthrob of Bajirao. She is also the brand ambassador for many products like Tissot, Vogue, Maybelline, and Pepsi, to name a few.
It is no surprise that Deepika has earned a place in most of the popular magazines. She was ranked at number 22 on the ‘Forbes’s Celebrity 100’ list in 2012. In 2008, she was ranked first in the ‘Hot 100’ list published by Indian Maxim. She also topped the ‘Most Desirable Woman’ list by The Times of India. In 2013, the People’s magazine named her as ‘India’s Most Beautiful Woman’.
We have so much to learn from Deepika Padukone. With her words coming straight from her heart, here are few quotes she has to share with every girl.
- “My choices are like my fingerprints, they make me unique.”
- “The fruit of your own hard work is the sweetest.”
- “I don’t think I am a star. I consider myself like any other girl who is of my age.”
- “While I believe that when you are in the glamour industry, you have to look your best, I also believe being skinny is not ‘hot and happening’.”
- I am the universe, infinite is my direction. This is my choice.”
- “Never lose focus of what you want for yourself. People will try and pull you down. There might be things in your life, which will deter your confidence. There might be days when you want to break down; there could be days when you feel like giving up. It’s extremely important to be emotionally strong and be focused. Do it your own way. And don’t be afraid of making mistakes.”
- “Correct me if I am wrong, but I personally feel that the Indian body type is not cut out to be size zero. I am not size zero and I don’t believe in that either.”
- “My parents never raised their hand or fired me. Their way of disciplining me was to tell me what is right or wrong.”
- “It's good to be slightly ambitious, but I believe one shouldn't be too calculative. It's good to be on the edge, but I have never followed my mind. I have always followed my heart. And it has yielded the right results.”
- “I always think before I speak. I'm not the sort who will just say anything that comes to my mind. I'm a very emotional and sensitive person. But I'm also very strong and know my mind well.”
Deepika Padukone has shown what a 21st century woman can achieve in a short span of time. Here’s wishing her a very happy 31st birthday!