We continue with our discussion on building for India in the #INSIGHTSpodcast Series and in this episode, we focus on selling to manufacturing SMEs. To talk about this important topic, We have Narayan, Co-founder of Power2SME, a "buying club" for SMEs. Narayan is a serial entrepreneur and before starting Power2SMe, he was the founder and CEO of Denave, India's largest technology powered sales enabling services company.
On this podcast, we discuss building a B2B marketplace for the Indian Industry:
Identifying a value proposition that can scale
Importance of aligning with the interests of all players in the ecosystem
Building out the marketplace
- Building out a marketplace for large sellers and small buyers
- How is the market structured, and the quality of supply in India
- Onboarding small unorganized players onto an organized marketplace
Working capital for SMEs
- Challenges with getting credit for SMEs
- Why is working capital a big issue for SMEs? Potential for innovation
- Taking on risk with NBFCs to enable credit for SMEs
- The ILFS, liquidity crunch and how the credit system operates
Lessons learnt from running a startup
- The ups and downs of running a startup - dealing with market effects
- Effects of policy and regulation on business and SME
- Diversification of portfolio of customers and lenders
- Advice for startup founders - the importance of building a strong leadership and mentorship network
Anand Daniel is a seed/early stage venture investor with Accel Partners.
(Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of YourStory.)
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding and Startup Course. Learn from India's top investors and entrepreneurs. Click here to know more.