Digital Marketing Industry today is going through the same phase that the IT and Software Industry was going through in the late 90s. There is a lot of excitement, growth, and scope in this Industry at this time and it is the best time to enter this Industry and be a part of it. This fast-growing Industry has a very strong wave associated with it and is giving a lot of enriching and rewarding career building opportunities to everyone.
A digital marketing professional can easily earn between Rs.15000 to Rs.4 lacs depending on their expertise and job level. Since this is a newly evolved Industry, there is still a huge gap in the demand and supply of professionals in this field. And so, any digital marketer can earn a much higher salary as compared to other Industries. Not only working professionals but also fresh graduates with no experience, students, housewives, retired professionals and everyone else who has the required skills can get into this field and earn handsomely by putting their skills to use.
• Digital Marketing Agency: These agencies serve their clients with various kinds of digital marketing services like SEO, SEM, SMM etc. There are numerous small scale and large digital marketing agencies of this kind where you get the opportunity of working with multiple clients but for a shorter period. This way you can enjoy a variety of work and clients.
• Brand leveraging Digital Marketing Agency: This kind of agencies work for a particular company or brand and leverage digital marketing very actively for their growth. In these agencies, you won’t have a variety of work or clients, but you can acquire expertise and acquire in-depth knowledge while working in a single field for a particular company.
• Digital Marketing Platform Company: These are another kind of digital marketing companies that work with platform companies or tools like Google, Facebook, Adobe, LinkedIn etc. The work procedure in these companies varies a lot. The learning process also differs as compared to working for a brand or an agency.
Along with these full-time job opportunities in digital marketing, you can also choose from freelancing, work from home, part-time job opportunities and more in this field. Digital marketing Industry has a lot of scope and many opportunities for freelancers and part-time workers as well.
• Digital Marketing Executive: This is an entry-level job where you will work on various SEO, SMM, SEM services and more. Here you will work under a manager or a team lead and report to them. You will have to perform multiple tasks like app testing, research, content development and so on.
• Digital Marketing Specialist: Once you acquire an experience of at least 2 years in any of the domains, you will be promoted to this position. You will be called an SEO, SEM or SMM expert or content marketing specialist. While you still have to report to your team lead or manager, you will have the liberty of making some decisions independently too.
• Digital Marketing Team Leader/Manager: The next position that you will be promoted to is a Team Leader or Manager. Here you will be handling a team of your own and contribute to the strategic planning of the company directly.
• Digital Marketing Strategist: Companies that focus on SEO, SEM, SMM kind of services strongly, will require professionals who are skilled in handling Strategical & Analytical roles. The role you have to play here is of consulting and guiding the managers and team leads of the company in improving the effectiveness of their job overall.
• Head of Digital Marketing: This is the senior most job profile of this domain. Digital Marketing Heads have to report directly to the CMO/Head of Marketing, who is responsible for the overall marketing function.
Since the Digital Marketing industry is still evolving, the above job profiles may vary in different organizations. Also, this field requires continuous learning and updating yourself in order to make progress in your career and reach new heights.
You need to have a passion for digital media to serve this field at its best and also you need to be open to learn new skill sets and trends to move ahead. Multitasking is another very important skill needed to manage these digital marketing campaigns.
Networking is also equally important in order to maintain a good client base and keep yourself updated about the latest techniques and trends coming up. You also need to have a willingness to experiment as this is still an evolving field which doesn’t have any defined rules for working and determining success.
Brandveda is a start-up that was found in the year 2013. The visionary of this startup is to provide world class digital marketing education to everyone at very affordable prices.
Brandveda is one of the leading digital marketing institute of current times, based in Gujarat. This startup has empowered 3000+ students with basic as wellnas advanced digital marketing courses within 2 years of being established. It has successfully imparted knowledge about courses such as Google analytics, Google Adwords, Hubspot, E-mail marketing, Mobile analytics, Display advertising, video advertising, Microsoft Bing Ads Accredited Professional, SEO, SEM and more.
They have numerous branches located in different places in and around Gujarat such as Jaipur, Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Anand, Baroda etc and have over 4500 students. The trainers of Brandveda have a cumulative experience of over 18 years. They are also a part of the visiting faculty in various colleges like Parul University, Nirma University, SKIPS and many more. The trainers are a part of 45+ such colleges and have also conducted many workshops in a lot colleges including IIM Ahmedabad.
The startup currently consists of 6 members which includes 3 trainers and is growing massively. It has achieved a lot success in imparting quality education in only a few years. Brandveda strongly believes in the future of Digital Marketing in India and endeavors to take everyone to the next level of Digital marketing.