Prior to seeking the services of any interior decorator in Mumbai, it is important you take time off to think about what you need, what is important to you as a person and what you can afford. The decorator you seek his services will be able to advise you on various thingspooja
Prior to seeking the services of any interior decorator in Mumbai, it is important you take time off to think about what you need, what is important to you as a person and what you can afford. The decorator you seek his services will be able to advise you on various things, but to achieve the results you desire you have to do your own homework first. You must have some checklists. In starting, you should ask various questions specifically and completely as you can. Such question could be:
What needs to be changed or created?
• What activities will take place?
• Who will make use of the space?
• What is the look or feel you want the space to have
• If you are modifying an existing space, what do you currently like about the space? What do you most want to change?Why?
How much money and time and Money should be devoted to the project.
Is there a timeframe for the completion of the decoration process? Is there an impending event or date by which the decoration has to be completed?
• Will you or someone you delegate be on hand while the work is being done?
• What is your budget? What changes do you need to have and which would be nice to have?
• How will you finance the project?
What is required from the decorator?
• Reproduce or create a style?
• Efficiency of space or improvement of the size including organization and storage
• Recommend and/or select fixtures, furnishings, accessories, appliances, etc.?
• Enhance or improve the lighting?
• Minimize sound transmission or improve the acoustics?
• Multiply the safety and accessibility of the area?
• Address environmental issues?
• Address special needs?
Apart from this, other checklist to think or consider before hiring a decorator are
This is very important because as a designer can you make the most out of any budget, but its understanding.
Which space will such decorator will be helping out with?
Are you expecting houseguests? Does such decoration have to be completed before Christmas? Are you on vocation and want it completed before coming back? You should consider the timeframe before hiring an interior decorator
Besides the obvious (mobility restrictions, vision problems, physical limitations), we also like to know about existing conditions within your family.
In conclusion, you should think about how much involved you would be in this project. Do you require a decorator who will work with you or perhaps one that will take responsibility of the work and provide other options? The clarification of your expectations will go a long way of helping you and the decorator to communicate well. It also ensures the results you want are achieved. When you hire an interior designer in India, you get the benefit of hiring a professional that is experience. Such decorator has the ability to solve diverse issues and avoid any mistake that might be costly in the future.
Mark Long discusses some of the checklists to consider before hiring interior decorator in Mumbai and if it’s necessary to work with such decorator or allow them to have a free hand in everything.