The mobile technology market has changed significantly for some years. The advancement in technology and emerging of various startups from Silicon Valley has now reached its global destination and there is no stopping for it. There is a huge benefit of a mobile application to empower growing business. eCommerce, Transportation, Travel and Tourism, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, Real estate all this industry are leveraging with mobilization. Uber, Amazon, Airbnb, Facebook, Alibaba, NetFlix and the list goes on and on.
The Marketing Land report suggests more than 60% of internet accesses come from Mobile (Smartphones and Tablets), there are even those who say that access to the Internet via Mobile exceeds 70% of total accesses. The PC, in my opinion, will become something intended only for those who use computers for work. My older retired uncles all have a tablet and/or smartphone and no one use a computer anymore. Because a mobile is comfortable, practical, and portable.
Starting from these assumptions (mobile users are more than pc users) hence a company may ask themselves: for our business and startup shall we go for a website development or a mobile app development or both?
First of all, we must ask ourselves: what kind of application Choose between Web, Native and Hybrid App for Your Startup
If you don’t know the difference between the three, let's see them together quickly and have a better idea before making your decision.
Surely among the three, the web app is the cheapest solution. It is an application written in HTML + CSS that is subsequently imported through tools within the project. This type of solution is the cheapest but also the least flexible because the result will be to have substantially a responsive version of your site.
The quality of these applications is generally not very accurate and does not have a user experience dedicated to each of the platforms. Through specific tools, such as PhoneGap, it will be possible to obtain a version of the app that you can upload to stores.
Among the strengths in addition to the economy, there is certainly the speed of development.
Not all projects need an app for developing a product such as an application is a complex activity that fits into a business strategy. Working on mobile nowadays requires a knowledge of the sector/market and a specialization. Investing too little in a product without meaning doesn’t sound like a good idea.
1. The code to be used is basically unique for the various platforms.
2. Development can be managed by people with native web and non-mobile skills.
1. The performance of web apps is not high.
2. Not Comparable to the Large Application s Development
3. The support for advanced technologies is poor as well as entrusted to third parties that is to say that the support is not guaranteed by relevant entities such as Apple or Google.
Generally, the development of native apps involves higher setup costs but the solution that is obtained is better and more maintainable. Substantially, the initial investment is also repaid by improved maintainability.
These apps are written in languages their operating systems with which you are going to approach, Java for Android and for iOS Swift, thus allowing a maximum optimization of the product.
The difference and the great advantage of the native app is the optimization and the ability to use the maximum performance and characteristics of each device and to define a dedicated user experience for each platform.
The implementation of these apps, however, needs to rely on professionals to achieve the appropriate level of quality that the app needs to fulfil the needs of the business strategy.
1. There are no limits in the realization and the app can access every resource and power of the device exploiting 100% of the hardware.
2. The apps work perfectly on each operating system and they have great performance.
3. The graphical interface of the app is in line with the experiences to which users are accustomed.
4. Complete support from the manufacturers.
1. More skills are needed as each version of the app, iOS and Android must be developed independently.
2. Costs and implementation time is higher.
3. Best Suited for large Business and Enterprise Application
Now we come to the ring that unites the two solutions listed above: the hybrid apps. This is a choice that will speed up the work compared to creating a native application while still ensuring higher performance than a web app.
The main advantage is the ability to write a code with a common part for the two platforms and some specialized parts for the individual platforms. The language generally used is neither that of one nor that of the other platform but that of the tool used. Even if the costs are not reduced, it is possible to obtain a product of a higher quality with cross-platform app development.
The disadvantage is the impossibility of optimizing the product at best even the gap between a native app and a hybrid app has been greatly reduced in recent years.
1. The code to be used is basically unique for the various platforms- Develop once run on all OS.
2. Reduced Development Cost.
1. They are not widespread technologies, so it is necessary to rely on a specialized team.
2. The support is not entrusted to known entities such as Apple or Google.
3. Can be used to develop Utility apps with lesser complexity
Before you make your mind for developing an app for your next startup, have a look at the degree of their features:
Being an experienced mobile app development company we know there is no ideal solution in the absolute sense but we must always evaluate what the real needs of your company are.
Very often a simple web app gives your customers everything they need. While others need a thorough analysis to understand if a hybrid is ideal or there is a need for a customized native application.