Finally 2017 is here. A new year, a time to start on new things. This is the time when most of the business owners mull over setting in place new and better marketing strategies for the growth of their businesses.
But how do you know which marketing technique to adopt on to that pays off big time? There are so many things people get attracted to, and it can be hard to know where focusing on which one will reap better results. With so much competition, you need to have strategies that get the attention of your customers, bringing you enough business. An article published in Businessknowhow.com rightly states that “It's not unusual for a mediocre product with great marketing to outperform a good product that is poorly marketed.”
Wondering what strategies to adopt in order to meet your target customers?
In this post, we will give you five marketing ideas the smartest business-owners are thinking about so that 2017 becomes their most successful year ever. Read on !
1. Get Involved Through Social Media – Just having a social media presence is not enough these days! New techniques such as live video streaming have a great affect on people. They not only help you in putting your message across the people, but also prove the transparency and authenticity in your business. Therefore, it is essential for you to be active on social media 24*7 to stay updated on the latest talks and trends. More and more businesses are going to use this social media feature in 2017.You could ask your customers which social networks they participate in, and then spend a few minutes a day participating in them. Less known sites such as Snapchat too will gain popularity this year. According to utboundengine.com, Snapchat is believed to be one of the most important up-and-coming social marketing tools. For instance, Dunkin Donuts was one of the first brands to utilize the Facebook live video platform in 2016. Their first video provided fans with a behind-the-scenes look into our kitchen for Valentine’s Day. Have a Look!
2. Get creative With Emails – Instead of following the same format for sending mails, try something new and different for your customers. You can start with writing creative subject lines, something that urges people to open your mail. You can have a single word or you can raise questions in your subject line to induce some curiosity in your customers. Also, a simple step such as writing your customers name can do wonders! message. According to Prnewswire.com, personalized promotional mailings had 29% higher unique open rates and 41% higher unique click rates than non-personalized mailings. So, make sure that you write creative email subject lines to increase conversions and in turn sales. Check out the examples below:
3. Paid Ads on Social Media – Social media channels give you an opportunity to increase your reach by just advertising on their platforms. All you need to do is spend a few dollars and your brand's page, tweet or post will be promoted on these channels. According to blog.hootsuite.com, social media advertising budgets have doubled worldwide over the past 2 years—going from $16 billion U.S. in 2014 to $31 billion in 2016. And this trend is going to continue in 2017 as well. Moreover, more and more people these days are using social media to search information as well as connect with other people. Therefore, boosting your brand's posts on these platforms will only increase your reach, thereby increasing the chances of conversions.
4. Keep a Track on Online Reviews – With more and more people turning digital these days, it is essential that you monitor all the sites where your business might appear. With sites such as Google Review ad Yelp, consumers have got a lot of power to make or break a company's image. According to Groovehq.com, for every 1 customer complaint online, there are 26 other customers who share same feeling but don’t say anything. However, a negative complaint might affect your business as 90% of consumers say their buying decisions are impacted by positive online reviews. Therefore, responding and taking a follow-up timely to the online posts of your angry customers can help you convert them into loyal ones. No matter how angry a customer is, your immediate response or interaction with him can make things better. For instance, see how Maker’s Mark reversed their decision of reducing alcohol content in their product after getting negative response from their customers.
5. Go mobile, if you haven't as yet! -- Last but not the least, it is a must for business owners to have a mobile strategy. With internet users spending 51% of their time browsing on mobile, it has become crucial for companies to start thinking on their customers will see them on mobile. For example, how will your company website look on mobile or will your consumers be able to read your emails on multiple device? You need to turn mobile-responsive as almost everybody owns a smartphone these days.
All set to best market your brand in 2017? You should be. We are sure that these fresh marketing ideas will help you expand your reach and increase sales. Put in your best efforts for marketing your brand, monitor your results by using advance team management tools and you'' ll see things changing (obviously for the better) in this new year. All the best!
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.