10 best online marketplaces in India to boost your sales
Tuesday June 05, 2018,
5 min Read
Gone are the days when people would visit a brick and mortar store to purchase clothes, digital accessories, jewelry or any other products. With customers drastic shift of interest towards online shopping, sellers are not much behind in setting up their E-commerce store.
Creating an E-commerce website with fancy colors, vibrant images and availing offers aren't sufficient to propel the customers into the conversion funnel. Customers are everywhere; but you need to be perceptible to them. One of the easiest and efficacious ways of doing it is, enrolling your business in the most established online marketplaces. This will surely give you a whopping amount of customers in no time. For every purchase from the customer, a predefined amount of commission is generally charged by the company.
Listing your products in the marketplace will undoubtedly give you greater visibility and probability of acquiring prospect customers. E-commerce marketplace is one of the multiple monetization options. In order to enroll in the marketplace, you will need few of the documents and some of the general documents required are:
1. GSTIN/TIN Number
2. Bank account proof-Cancelled cheque, Address Proof etc
3. PAN Card
4. Trade Mark certificate for certain category of product
There are many E-commerce marketplaces in India which sellers can utilize for higher brand awareness and revenue generation. Some of the top 10 major marketplaces in India are:
1. Flipkart: Founded in 2007, with its headquarters based at Bengaluru, Flipkart is the most desirable marketplace to list as a seller. With selling books online in early days, Flipkart now sells wide range of products. The availability of a variety of products with reasonable price makes the customers to return for more.
Like other companies, Flipkart also charges commission from the seller on every sale of the product. It also provides logistic service to sellers called Ekart along with fulfillment center. The gaping range of customers makes it the best place to list your products.
2. Amazon India: Being the second largest company in the world, in terms of online sales and with high customer traffic and orders, Amazon India is the top preferred marketplace in India. Established in the year 2013 in India, with its headquarters in Bengaluru, Amazon has been giving tough competition to Indian E-commerce biggie Flipkart.
With multiple payment gateways, Amazon prime, fulfillment by Amazon (Amazon FBA), various shipping options, worlds best customer service and its technological innovation makes it favorite of every customer. The wide listings of the products in different categories made it a pioneer of the online world.
3. Snapdeal: Snapdeal is another Indian company established in 2010, with headquarters in Delhi. With around 3,00,000 sellers and 30 million + products, Snapdeal is one among the top marketplace in India. Good amount of deals embrace customers which makes it one of the best platform to list your products.
4. Paytm: It is India’s mobile commerce platform which imparts services like recharge, payments, travel, shopping, movies, in-store payment service with its QR Code and so on. With almost 10 crores + active customers, Free listing, easy to register, incredible support, quick payments cycle makes it suitable for sellers to list products, but you have to pay commission on every sale. Cashback and discounts offered by Paytm make it unique from other marketplaces.
5. Pepperfry: Established in 2011, with 38+ lacs customers, Pepperfry is one stop destination for housing needs. Sellers can list products such as Furniture, Decor, Lamps, Kitchen, Dining, Hardware and Electricals, Housekeeping, Bar and Garden. Listing products are free in Pepperfry whereas you will have to pay commission on every sale.
6. Myntra: It is an online retail shop with a large variety of fashion accessories, footwear, apparels for men and women. Sellers has to first register here, once your profile is reviewed you will be able to sell on the website.
7. Shopclues: It is a shopping portal with wide ranges of a category of products such as mobiles, electronics, women and men's apparel, home & kitchen appliances and so on. Shopclues also provide different kinds of fulfillment services which can be used by sellers. Sellers can register without any fee but will have to “pay as you sell”.
8. Jabong: It is one of India’s largest online fashion store. The top categories of branded products available are apparels, shoes, bags, accessories, beauty, and jewelry. Jabong has free registration for sellers. Once your profile is validated, you can start selling.
9. eBay: It is a multinational E-commerce company which consists of an enormous range of product category. You will have to pay certain fees to list your products along with final value fee i.e. fees which you pay if your products get sold. Furthermore, PaisaPay facility charge will also be collected from the sellers.
10. FirstCry: It is one of the largest online stores for baby and kids products. FirstCry offers a wide span of baby products from some of the top brands such as Funskool, Disney, Barbie, Hot Wheels, Pampers and so on.
Some of the other marketplaces to sell your products are:
Bigbasket.com, infibeam.com, Yepme.com, Yebhi.com, Rediff Shopping, indiarush.com, CraftsVilla, Mirraw, Naaptol, Voonik, wholesale hungama, indian carnival, tatacliq, Grofers, ezebee, Limeroad, Homeshop18, Shopping.indiatimes.com, purchasekaro, craftfurnish, fleaffair.com, Go Coop, Flea Affair, high5store, Zaarga.
Selling products in marketplace lets you reach customers from different part of the country. If you are new to E-commerce industry and do not have a website, then marketplace is the best way to ramp up your business in no time and with less investment.