Indian visa is now an easy task
In order to boost tourism and business, India has decided to offer an easy process of visa application. The changes to the Indian visa policies are rolled out already after considering various obstacles and complication that the applicant has to face. The Government of India has also taken a series of steps to further ease the application process for the Indian visa as well as various other documents such as an Indian passport.
Earlier, an Indian e-visa could be applied only under the tourist category, however, the amendments to the visa policy will allow visitors to carry out the application process under the following three categories
● e-tourist visa
● e-business visa
● e-medical visa
The E-visa facility is provided to nationalities from 161 countries who can enter India through 24 airports and three ports. The visitors can enter India for recreation, sightseeing, to meet friends or relatives, medical treatment and business. In order to be eligible for the e-visa which is also known as e-TV (E-Tourist Visa), the visitor's passport must have at least six months validity from the date of travel. The passport must also have at least two blank pages for stamping purpose. The visitor must also have sufficient funds in his/her account to support their stay along with a confirmed return ticket.
The visitors will need to apply for the e-visa online by uploading the required documents, photo, along with the visa application process. The visa fee payment can be made online itself by using either a debit or a credit card. Once the application is approved, the applicant will receive the e-visa in his/her e-mail address as provided in the application form. The visitor is required to carry the printout of the e-visa during the travel.
The nationalities from the following countries can apply for the e-visa -
Countries eligible for the e-visa program
Albania ,Angola, Andorra ,Anguilla ,Argentina ,Australia, Armenia
Aruba, Antigua & Barbuda, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Barbados, Bahamas
Belize, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bolivia, Brazil, Botswana, Brunei, Bulgaria
Burundi, Canada, Cameron, Union Republic, Cambodia
Cape Verde ,Chile, Cayman Island
China China- SAR Hong Kong China- SAR Macau, Comoros ,Colombia ,Cook Islands ,Croatia
Côte d’Ivoire, Costa Rica, Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Djibouti
Dominica Denmark ,Ecuador East Timor, El Salvador ,Estonia, Eritrea
Fiji, France, Finland, Gambia, Gabon, Georgia, Germany
Ghana, Guinea, Grenada, Guatemala, Greece ,Guyana ,Haiti
Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iceland, Italy, Israel, Ireland
Jamaica Jordan Japan Kiribati Kenya Latvia Laos
Lesotho Liberia Luxembourg Lithuania Liechtenstein
Malaysia Madagascar Malta Mauritius Marshall Islands Mexico Micronesia
Montserrat Montenegro Mongolia Myanmar Mozambique
Namibia Nauru Netherlands New Zealand Niger Republic Nicaragua Norway
Niue Island Oman Palau Panama Palestine Papua New Guinea Peru
Paraguay Philippines Poland Portugal Republic of Macedonia Republic of Korea Romania
Russia Rwanda Saint Lucia Saint Christopher and Nevis Saint Vincent & the Grenadines Serbia San Marino
Senegal Samoa Seychelles Singapore Sierra Leone Slovakia Slovenia
South Africa Solomon Islands Spain Suriname Sri Lanka Swaziland Sweden
Taiwan Tajikistan Trinidad & Tobago Thailand Tonga
Tuvalu Turks & Caicos Island Ukraine UAE United Kingdom Uruguay USA
Uzbekistan Vatican City-Holy See Vanuatu Vietnam Venezuela Zambia and Zimbabwe
Reasons to apply for an Indian Visa
• The stay period on an e-visa has been increased to 60 days from the earlier 30 days. The visitors under the e-tourist and e-business visa will be entitled to the double entry scheme while e-medical visa will be provided with a triple-entry visa scheme.
• The airports at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai will have separate immigration counters to provided assistance to medical tourists.
• In case of an emergency, the visitor is allowed to request for an urgent visa under the e-business and e-medical visa scheme which can be granted within 48 hours.
• The individuals who would like to do an internship in India, the new category of visa named Intern (I) is rolled out for them. The duration of the visa will depend on the duration of the internship, or a maximum of one year, whichever is lesser.
• The new visa category named Film (f) can be utilized under the multiple entry facilities to shoot a film in India. The visa will be granted for a maximum of one year.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.