What is Public CloudFrah Ansari
What is Public Cloud?
It is basically designed for multi-tenant environments. It allows a huge number of companies to share the server from a single service provider. The major advantage of the public cloud is it is cost efficient because the companies do not need to buy, install or maintain any kind of server and other equipment as they would already be associated with your public server. Enterprise can create & develop their own applications but they will be hosted by a service provider. According to a recent survey, it has been proved that the cost of public cloud is far lower than a typical data center and private cloud because you do need to spend anything on capital expenditure. And you also get greater flexibility because you pay only for those resources that you are using according to the requirement of your company. So, you can agree that security, reliability and regulatory compliance are the major advantages of the public cloud. There are some more advantages of private cloud like you get almost unlimited scalability as on-demand resources will always be available to meet your business requirements and high reliability as you get a huge network of the server that ensures reliability against failures.
Advantages of Public Cloud:
1) The biggest advantage of this technology is it is “as pay as use” model which means you just need to pay for those resources that you are using according to the requirements of your business.
2) You also do not need to spend anything on maintenance as you are not purchasing any hardware or software so you will not be responsible to maintain it. It does not require any investment to deploy and maintain your complete IT infrastructure. Your provider is fully responsible to keep it maintained.
3) Scalability and reliability would be high because you get the on-demand resources to meet the requirements of your business.
4) Zero percent downtime would be there because, with a huge network of servers, it gives you the security against any kind of risk failure.
5) You get the quick setup within a matter of some time. You can bring it very easily over the internet and deploy and configure it remotely through the website of the cloud provider. It would be very easy to the IT team to configure and manage the setup remotely with just an internet connection.
What is a Private Cloud?
Private cloud Server is somewhere similar to a public cloud, it is a cloud computing that delivers so many advantages including scalability and self-service, but through a solo architecture. It is completed dedicated to the single organization and the needs and goals of that organization. So, here it differs from the public cloud because it delivers services to multiple organizations. The hardware would be on-premises in this and you will get the direct control of underlying cloud infrastructure. It is mostly deployed by the organization when the public cloud seems little inappropriate or inadequate for the needs of a business. It gives you more flexibility as your organization can customize their cloud environment to meet their specific business requirements. The security would also be improved as your resources would not be shared with others, and with that, the higher levels of control and security would be maintained.
Advantages of Private Cloud:
1) You will get more flexibility to upscale and downscale the resources anytime according to the requirements of your business.
2) Security is the biggest advantage of this technology as your resources would not be shared with anyone else so it would be more secure because it is dedicated to your organization only.
3) Scalability and efficiency will be on the top.
4) You get better control for your sensitive and confidential data, users and information assets. And you also get superior performance because private clouds are deployed inside the firewall of the organization’s intranet that ensures better efficiency and high network performance.
5) Compliance can be achieved very easily in private clouds.
What is Hybrid Cloud?
It is being called “the best of both worlds”.Hybrid cloud is a kind of cloud computing model that includes the mixture of on-premises, private cloud, and third-party public cloud services with the balance between both of these platforms. Here, you get the benefit of both public and private environments. This model typically connects the private environment with public infrastructure and allows the organization to balance the workload between these two environments. You get full control so that your organization will be able to maintain the private infrastructure for the sensitive and confidential database. It provides you the flexibility as well because you can take advantage of additional resources in the public cloud server whenever you require that.
Advantages of Hybrid Cloud:
1) The major advantage is business continuity because it is the integral elements of an organization’s operations. This plan is not limited to backing up the data into the cloud only, not it is any kind of disaster management plan because it is all about to keep the business continue during any kind of downtime, failure or disaster.
2) Better security is also another major advantage of this cloud technology and the organizations also get enhanced agility. It is a kind of on-premises, private infrastructure that is accessible directly. It has the agility to have on-premises computational infrastructure that gives the support to the average workload for the business.
3) Control is also a major advantage of implementing a hybrid cloud solution. Instead of trusting all of the aspects of IT infrastructure to a third party provider, businesses are customizing the private end of their hybrid cloud model to their particular requirements and adjust them according as they seem fit.
4) This is very cost effective as well because it quickly organizes, uses, and scales the data and applications as and when required. And according to this, you just need to pay for those resources that you have used and because of this point, it is also called “pay as you go” model.