We live in a world which is so fast-paced that most of the time we find ourselves caught up with the desire to have shortcuts to achieve anything that we want at the moment when we want it, to maintain this fast-paced lifestyle.
According to Mobile App Development Market Research Report, the Global market for mobile app development is expected to grow at a rate of 14% from 2016 to 2022, which shows that growing dependency over smartphones and mobile application has open numerous opportunities for IT industry.
The average number of apps created by business has increased drastically by 126% in just one year. Average apps created by business in 2016 was 10.6 which was 4.7 in 2015, as stated by Fliplet.
Having said that, let’s looks at the Major Benefits of On-Demand Apps-
On-demand delivery apps can turn out to be very beneficial because they are-
- Employee Satisfaction and Efficiency: Customized business applications will not only reduce the tussles of your employees but enhance their productivity too. It is found that it enhances customer satisfaction by decreasing 7.5 working hours from their work week on an average.
- Affordability: Customized on-demand apps are proven to be very profitable for business owners. It will save a lot of their money since they don’t have to invest heavily in transportation and logistics. The on-demand model is basically based on independent contractors using their own means of transport.
- Unconstrained business opportunities: When you use an app to deliver your services you are automatically creating a database containing a point of contact, interests, their presences, e-mail and as many details as you like. You can pitch your products directly to the mailbox of your customers. Furthermore, you can improve your business by analyzing your collected data.
- Fast: An on-demand service offers consumers a great opportunity to place orders in a flash. Searching, booking/scheduling, paying, and reviewing orders can be handled within one app. You can get whatever you need in just a tap.
- Convenient: The level of convenience you get by using on-demand apps goes beyond delivery. Apps of this type are come very handy at every stage of service delivery, providing users with the facility to smart search, real-time tracking, suitable methods of payment, and convenient and quick delivery.
Following are the some commonly known types of on-demand delivery applications:
Food: Food industry is the major niche for the on-demand delivery app development industry. Ranging from restaurants to grocery and alcohol delivery app development, it has its roots spread all over. With the accession of 24/7 delivery, you can have a meal of your choice anytime and anywhere.
The food industry has shown a steepest growth in terms of CAGR in recent years. the graph
below is the evidence-
Healthcare: These apps make it possible now to connect doctors with patients one-on-one whenever and wherever with just a smartphone. The process is similar to an in-person physical examination, moreover, the patient is more comfortable over such platforms.
Taxi services: On-demand taxi services are in high demand these days as they offer numerous facilities:
- Real-time tracking of your ride by your family and friends.
- GPS navigation to let riders catch cabs nearby.
- In-app communication between riders and drivers.
- Dual-end feedback system so that both drivers and riders can share reviews and ratings.
Home Services: On-demand home service application provide great help to homemakers as they are the perfect solution for those who want a hand in cleaning and repairing.
Below is a pie chart indicating the share of different types of apps created in 2016.
What Does the Year 2019 hold in for the On-Demand Apps
The year 2019 is going to bring an extensive impact on the On-demand delivery app economy. On one hand, it will bring together the concept of real-time and on-demand in different business verticals and promote investment in On-demand app development, while on the other hand, it will reflect a change in the archetype of the existing On-demand processes and trade models. Some of those changes are listed below:
The Year Will Attract More Consumers
The number of smartphone users is likely to hit 5 billion in 2019, with this rapid growth and 45% of the US users already relishing On-demand apps (out of which 49% are millennials), more and more businesses will start showing interest in finding the answer to how to ride the emerging ‘Uber for X’ wave. They will soon realize that they can easily target a sundry range of consumers by investing in On-demand app development and earn huge profits.
Personalization will be the New Trend
In 2019, more companies will watch over On-demand services which will bring cut-throat competition in the market. All of them will put more efforts into connecting with their customers, understanding their requirements, and offering them customized services while working on their on-demand app’s performance level. In other terms, personalization will emerge out as the main element of On-demand economy in 2019.
On-Demand Food Services Will Move into Unfamiliar Markets
The on-demand food delivery business, which was mainly confined to popular locations like the USA, will enter the lesser known marketplaces in 2019. And this is highly possible because of the rise in smartphone users, rapid urbanization, and employment.