Google's popular e-mail service Gmail is getting another fresh design with the company now rolling out the material design theme look on mobile versions of the service as well. The new design is intended to make switching between personal and professional accounts smoother to allow users to access their emails faster. This design is expected to reach all iOS and Android users in the coming weeks.
This has been clearly mentioned in Google’s official blog post by Nikolus Ray, Product Manager that the new design for Gmail brings some crucial changes, including new visual implementations as well as feature additions. Moreover, Google says the redesign is part of a larger effort to make G Suite look. With this move, the company says more G Suite mobile apps will follow with this material theme design later this year.
Highlights of Gmail New Design
· Mobile users will now be able to quickly view attachments like photos without having to open or scroll through the entire conversation.
· The new redesign gets rid of the prominent red banner on the top, It is now all white from top to bottom.
· At the top of Gmail, users will see a prominent search bar as well now, and the hamburger menu on the left side will let users access the other tabs.
· On the right of the search bar, users can find the profile option that will let them access their profile and add other Gmail accounts.
· Just like on Gmail web, you'll now get big, red warnings to alert you when something looks phishing in the app as well.
Earlier in the month of September Google has announced that- "As we look to the future, we want to take a more focused approach that will help us bring the best email experience to everyone. As a result, we're planning to focus exclusively on Gmail and say goodbye to Inbox by Gmail at the end of March 2019,".
Since that time, Google has been updating a number of Inbox features across to Gmail, both on the web and in its Android and iOS apps.
Last week, a number of shortcut features have been introduced to Gmail, including undo and redo when composing an email, and a shortcut to remove text. Considering this, top-notch mobile app development companies across the world have also adding several innovative features to grab user attention.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.