10 pivotal steps you need to run your new website through in order to get that jump start from the rat-race amidst the millions of websites out there
Gathering the right audience to the right site is essentially one of the goals of marketing. However, many times there can be scenarios where your strategies can witness a downfall in your website marketing strategies. A few reasons for this could be -
- You adapt to marketing strategies of big websites too quickly for your new site
- Many times all you do to strategise a marketing campaign for your new website is just Google the best digital marketing strategies and try to implement them for your website. This might not breed the same results for your website and the apt RoI might not be achieved
- Lack of understanding of the purpose of your marketing strategy
- You need to understand the ‘Why’ of your marketing strategy while drafting it. This requires a prior sense of goals that you have set for your venture. If the marketing strategy is not drafted in correlation with your venture goals, you might end up deviating
Amidst all of this, one question arises. How can you create the right impact on your new website? The fact that there are 2 websites created every second, makes it even more difficult for your website to stand out.
To start with the approach, you need to ensure that you get all the below mentioned points covered for starters -
1. Structure and UI of Your Website
- As a new website, you have all the users debuting on your pages. Therefore, it becomes essential to give them a seamless experience in terms of website layout. You also need to focus on the structural placement of your website. Do not stuff it with too many layouts, nor leave a lot of empty spaces.
2. Engaging Content
3. Navigation and Site-map
- A better navigation will enable the users to flow across your website. The smarter way to install that is through a site-map. A well-designed site-map can serve a lot of purposes for your website. A few of those being -
- Providing an external structure to your website
- Making the pages prone to search engines
- Availability of more essential pages of the website
4. Smart Internal Linking of Pages
- The purpose of creating pages on your website is to involve, impact or serve more users. Hence, a smart way to improve the awareness of your website is by interlinking essential pages with one another on valid points. For instance, if your website has two essential pages talking about weather and oil. You can link the oil page to the weather page on a discussion ‘How weather impacts oil?’ Smart internal linking provides holds the user longer to your website.
- While structuring the website, do not add layers before essential pages. This not only makes the structure complex but also nurtures a difficult accessibility. Making the content more accessible to the users simply serve the purpose of your website. The user can easily get what they came for. Moreover, better accessibility gives the user a clarity of the information’s availability.
6. SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- You need to understand and implement at least the basics of SEO on your website. SEO enables your website for a better visibility on the SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Pages). This is the quintessential thing that you need for building the authority of your website.
7. Site Speed
- Page speed directly proportions the bounce rate of your website. This means, higher the loading speed of your site, more users will return from your site. For a new website, this is a big setback. A common site loading of 4 seconds can drop your user base by 25%. Not only that, page speed dropping further by 2 seconds can affect 87% of your users. There are many ways in which you can improve your site and page speeds and focus on user retention.
- The purpose of your website needs to be clearly conveyed to the users. This will your website get more relevant users. This, in turn, increases the users’ time on site. It can also mean increasing the bounce rate of your website. However, that will be more of users who fall against or not relevant to your site’s content or purpose. All in all, conveying a clear purpose always falls in your favour.
9. Social Presence
- For a new website, you need to utilise your social ecosystem to the fullest. You can commence with promoting your website and its purpose across social platforms. In addition to it, you can start contributing to relevant forums to increase the awareness of your website. Ideally, for a new website, Quora or Reddit are ideal platforms. They might help you in getting a good headstart for your website. However, it is again subjective to your websites’ niche. But, creating a social image and generating a lot of social signals shall nurture your websites’ authority and awareness.
10. Requesting Covers
- Once you are good to go on the above-mentioned points and parameters, you can actually start connecting with media and brand houses. You can convey your purpose and request them to cover you. Covers are ideal ways of conveying to the audience everything that you want to, from your website. Essentially, it also gives your website an exposure to a new audience that you were not able to target earlier.
These were a few ways through which you can focus on building an authoritative image of your new website. These pointers assist you in making your website aware and prone to new users as well. All in all, these are the basic steps and guides you need to follow, implement and adapt to get your website a jump start.
Get in touch with me in case you have any suggestions, discussions, and insights on the above.
This is a YourStory community post, written by one of our readers.The images and content in this post belong to their respective owners. If you feel that any content posted here is a violation of your copyright, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take it down. There has been no commercial exchange by YourStory for the publication of this article.