MS Outlook is used in every organization for better communication. With the help of this emailing client, users can share emails, to-do, journals, tasks, etc. Microsoft Outlook is undeniably a popular email client. However, it is not resistant to errors and other technical issues. Usually, Outlook users resolve the errors by restarting Outlook or the computer. But sometimes it won’t work and fails to resolve the problem. In such condition, you can hunt for online help.
Outlook Error 0x80040900
While using Microsoft Outlook, user encounter error code very often. Some errors resolved it by performing troubleshooting methods, while some are very stubborn and not easy to resolve Error 0x80040900 is one of them and it’s quite frustrating. Error 0x80040900 is one of the most common for Outlook users, however, if it's not troubleshot on time it can hamper your Outlook profile and can cause data loss.
Symptoms of Error 0x80040900
- "Error 0x80040900" occur and smashes the active program window.
- Computer device often crashes with Error 0x80040900.
- “The server name you entered cannot be found on the network, it might come on temporary basis.
- Windows runs slowly and responds sluggishly to a mouse or keyboard.
- Computer start freezing at regular intervals
Causes of Error 0x80040900
Corrupted download or unfinished installation of Microsoft Outlook software.
Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Microsoft Outlook-related software change
Virus or malware infection that has damaged Windows system files or related program files.
Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted Microsoft Outlook-related files.
Error 0x80040900 can occur by various reasons, so it is important that you troubleshoot each of the possible causes to prevent it from re-ocurring. Before processing troubleshooting steps make sure your Outlook settings are accurate. To check the settings perform below given steps:
- First, launch Microsoft Outlook application
- Go to the taskbar, click tab>info>Account settings
- Now click on Email tab
- Now double tap the email account to check the account setting
- Ensure that all settings are up to date like incoming and outgoing server name
Check Antivirus & Firewall Settings
Scanning feature of Antivirus program sometimes causes issues, so you need to disable it on temporary basis. Check the Firewall settings to ensure that the email server ports you’re using don’t get blocked from the Firewall program.
If the issue stands still, you should try these tricks:
- Remove the email account and add it again.
- Repair Microsoft Office installation. To do so, follow these below steps:
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Now find the Microsoft Installation in the list. Right-click it, and click Change.
- Then select the Repair option.
If nothing works for you, maybe the Outlook data file is corrupted and you need to repair it on an immediate basis. Microsoft offers an in-built freeware utility tool, to repair PST file. It’s usually known as the scanpst utility. By using the scanpst utility, you can scan corrupt PST file and repair it. However, on many occasion, it fails to repair corrupted or damaged PST file. In such condition, you should use a professional Outlook Recovery solution.
Recovee Outlook PST Repair Tool
There are various vendors available in the market, who are providing such Outlook PST Recovery software. Recovee Software is one of them. Its Outlook PST Repair tool can repair PST file without demanding any technical expertise. Even non-technical user can use this software without any hassle. It offers an extensive range of features with an exceptional performance at an affordable price. However, you should try its free demo version before purchasing premium the software. By using the demo version, you can check the preview of the recoverable data before saving.