What you must ask your consultant?Manish Verma
You have a business and you get stuck. What is it that comes in your mind in? For a lot of people it is business consultants that come to help. In order to solve the issue you are having with a business plan or entire marketing model then it is best suggested that you get in touch with business consultants.
It is easy to knock at the door of any consultant and he or she or the firm is definitely going to help you but it is also your duty to find out what are the things that you must first check with the consultants.
Here is a list of several questions that one must ask business consultants:
- Experience is the main thing to ask. It is the number of years in the business that is going to determine the level of work she or he can deliver. A good way of knowing it is through searching about them on internet or checking the profile.
- Clients are very important. With the number of years it is also important that you ask about the number of clients they have served and presently what could be their total client list. With this, one should also find about the any written testimonials that they have from the clients. This is quite often displayed on the website. As a client you should find out more on your own rather than asking them directly. It’s a much better and smarter way of proceeding.
- You also need to ask if they are fine with you contacting them at flexible hours. It is suggested that you go for the one that also are accessible in weekends. You will be available in weekends after a tiring week. It may be not possible to get consultation during the week.
- Fee is another important question to be asked. No point asking questions and engaging into elaborate discussion when in the end you both won’t agree with the charges. Get to know about the package and payment modes and payment patterns.
- Ask them about their niche. It is vital to find out which is the niche market area that they target and have expertise in. The consultants have expertise in many areas. Some could be good in finance while others in business plans and yet another in advertising. Whatever is your problem area make sure you pick the consultants based on that.
- You can ask them about some of their own projects that they have shown successful results in the past or recent past. When they talk, it is important that you take careful notes of it and do not get carried away in the pitch. It is natural that the company or the individual consultant will want to sell their services or solutions. You need to see if they are over promising or over selling the product.
- It is important that you understand what kind of philosophical intentions and understanding they have of their own business and the services they provide.
The above are some of the major questions that you should ask the consultancy firm. It is vital that these questions are taken care of. When you are aware of the questions that are to be asked then it becomes easy to deal with the clients. Apart from these you may also ask other questions that you think are important for the service you are seeking.