The StartingBloc Institute for Social Innovation educates, inspires and connects emerging leaders to create new solutions to global challenges. Through the program, StartingBloc unite social innovators across sectors to change the world in sustainable ways. You can read about about my StartingBloc experience from the Boston 2009 fellowship.
There are three parts to the StartingBloc Fellowship:
1. Institute for Social Innovation
2. Building Bloc Programs
3. Global StartingBloc Community of Social Innovators
The Fellowship begins with the Institute for Social Innovation, a five-day experience that educates, inspires, and connects social innovators.
- Education: learn from leading industry practitioners and professors about the latest in corporate responsibility, social entrepreneurship, cross-sector partnerships and sustainability
- Training: build life-long knowledge and skills through Institute workshops and participation in the Social Innovation Competition
- People: create lasting relationships with the greatest young leaders (ages 20-29) from across industries and disciplines. Incredible connections!
- Opportunity: The Institute is a gateway into StartingBloc’s network, which provides Fellows with access to leading business and graduate school partners, continuing education programming, and best of all – each other.
Applications for the 2010 StartingBloc Fellowship are now open, and will close November 15, 2009. There is a $25 (student)/$40 (young professional) application processing fee for domestic Institutes.