To improve passenger experience, Ministry of Railways has decided to upgrade Premium Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains under 'Project Swarna’. With improved passenger amenities, aesthetics and hygiene standards, country’s first Swarn Rajdhani (Train no 12313 New Delhi – Sealdah Rajdhani Express) was launched in New Delhi in November, 2017.
Under Project Swarna, a detailed programme to significantly improve passenger experience on Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains has been planned in the following 10 dimensions: coach interiors, toilets, on-board cleanliness, punctuality, catering, linen, staff behaviour, security, on-board entertainment, real-time feedback.
For this programme, Ministry has formed nine teams of two officers, each from the Railway Board, to monitor the progress of work under each dimension of Project Swarna. Fourteen Rajdhani trains and 15 Shatabdi trains have been selected for the first phase of this project. Here's a set of facilities that will be incorporated:
- Complete interior painting with an aesthetic international colour scheme and LED lighting to improve illumination.
- Better hygiene by providing ‘auto janitor’ system in toilets.
- Health faucets, stainless steel wash basins, improved soap dispenser and better quality dustbins, at carefully chosen locations for ergonomic convenience.
- Night signage for easy identifications of berth number for en-route entraining passengers.
- Blanket covers for First AC passengers of two different colours to ensure separate covers in to and fro journey.
- Built in ladders for First AC passengers for easy access to upper berth.
- CCTV cameras in doorway area and aisles to monitor any suspect activity with data storage.
- New design magazine bags with extra pocket for mobile to suit changing lifestyle.
- LED lighting over mirrors.
- Vinyl wrapping of toilet doors for improved aesthetics.
- Epoxy coating in toilets, provisioning of extra mats in toilet to improve hygienic standards and to give a dry toilet to the passengers with improved cleanliness
- Polished commodes and basins to make them odour free in every trip.
- Three pilot coaches in service to gather passenger feedback and assess journey worthiness.
With inputs from PIB
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding and Startup Course. Learn from India's top investors and entrepreneurs. Click here to know more.
- Indian Railways
- Transport in India
- Railway Board
- Ministry of Railways
- Rail transport
- Rajdhani Express
- Shatabdi Express
- Eastern Railway zone
- Just In