A few days back one of my friends asked me “What is blogging? ”
This made me realize that although the terms like blogging, WordPress, Social media marketing are common for marketers. But if you are a newbie, then these terms are like rocket science for you. Are you wondering what is business blogging? how can blogging benefit my business? how to get more traffic from blogging? blah...blah...blah….
Hang on a second and Take a deep breath! I can talk about this all day long, but I'll keep it short. And if you are running a business, then there are chances you are wondering is blogging worth your time and effort. And in this case, you surely need to bookmark this page for future reference.
What is business blogging?
In simple term, business blogging is a marketing strategy to generate website traffic & more online visibility. Pondering what is online visibility? Online visibility means being able to found and seen on the internet. It is a marketing channel that promotes business growth.
To make it more simple, business blogging is an inexpensive way to create opportunities to get your website found by your target audience.
Remember, a business blog is not a brochure where you just provide information about your business, But a platform where you educate your audience. So before writing business blog Know who you are writing for. Have a clear picture of what your target audience will be interested in and find of value. Educate your audience about your services through blog. You need more traffic on your website so you need to post content which attracts your target audience. For example - Sarv doesn’t publish the promotional content on their blog. They believe in sharing the educational and useful information that add some value.
So your business blog should revolve around the subject matters of your niche and educate your target audience about your business services.
I cannot put in one sentence why businesses should blog. But still, I have tried to put it in few points mentioned below. Let’s discuss the same -
1) It helps to drive traffic - Who needs more traffic on website? Oh sorry, let me correct it. Who doesn’t need more traffic on website? I need it and I guess every one of us. More page your website has, the more chances you have to rank in search engines. Because every time you publish a blog, one more page of a website is indexed. Hence, more opportunity for you to get ranked in search engines and drive more traffic. Sounds good. Is n’t?
2) Social Media Exposure - Blogging also helps you to get discovered via social media. Because every time you publish a blog post, you create a quality content which people can share on social media. And you get a much bigger exposure on social media.
3) It helps to convert lead - Blogging initiates conversions that drive more business. Because the traffic you get on the website is from blog, So you create an opportunity to convert those visitors into leads (or customers). The way it works is really simple. All you need to do is add CALL-TO-ACTION button to every blog post.
4) Develop & Strengthen Relationship with customers - Believe it or not but Trust is the fuel you need to drive the engine of inbound marketing. It is also an important factor in determining the creditability of the business. Nothing is going to happen overnight, but by providing the quality information to audience about what they are seeking for, you are making sure that you become authority in your niche. Moreover, as long as you publish true, reliable and relevant content, you will have people speaking to you both on social media and website. Not only this, by activating comment section you will be able to see visitor's response and will be directly able to reply them.
Moreover, 80% of business decision makers prefer to get information by articles rather than an advertisement. 52% B2B marketers say blogging will be the most critical tactic to content marketing success in 2017. So if you are planning to start a business blog then the above stated reasons must have urged you to take the next step.
Future Of Business Blogging
All set for starting a business blog but worried what’s the future of business blogging ? Don’t worry. I’m here to help you out.
Content is an important element of inbound marketing/ blogging. And If you are committed to produce high quality content then you surely have a bright future in blogging. Because I believe content is the only thing which can either make or break a trustworthy business and successful blog.
Marcus Sheridan has aptly mentioned in his blog that “ Blogging, within the next 10 years, will be the pillar of any business and individual brand.”
Moreover according to Hubspot’s State of Inbound Marketing 2017 report, top 3 priority for inbound marketers are -
- Blog Content Creation
- Content distribution/ amplification
- Growing SEO/ organic presence
This clearly means that content is the king. In a nutshell, business blogs will eventually gain more momentum with the pace of time. And believe it or not but business blogging is the most comprehensive of providing information, educating people about your business and getting more organic traffic.
I hope this helps. So now stop reading and get on blogging (y)
Share your thoughts and doubts below in the comment section and let us know what you are looking for, and I shall come back with some interesting facts and information. Stay tuned :)