Dedicated server hosting is where a client has exclusive access to a server’s resources. So, this type of hosting turns out to be the best possible option for ecommerce sites which get a lot of web traffic. In dedicated server hosting, you will not have to share resources with other websites. The servers are leased from web hosting providers and they are housed within data centers. When you sign up for dedicated hosting, you need to decide between managed hosting and unmanaged hosting. In managed server hosting, the responsibilities of server management rest with the web host. This is a good option when you lack a capable IT staff. You can have complete peace of mind knowing that all your technical problems will get resolved without delays. This ensures protection against latency issues.
Why is dedicated server hosting a good choice for businesses?
• To start with, when you choose dedicated server hosting, you can be confident that your company’s critical data will be secure. These servers are typically stored in well-protected state-of-the-art data centers which offer excellent ambient conditions, constant power supplies, efficient cooling systems and robust security.
• When you sign up for dedicated server hosting, you can benefit from a high network uptime. So, in spite of heavy traffic to the site you can be sure that there will not be frequent downtimes. This is possible since you do not have to shared bandwidth or memory or space with neighboring sites, as in shared hosting.
• With dedicated server hosting, you can also enjoy redundancy options. This means that in case of any software or hardware failure, there will not be any downtime as there are redundant connections. Moreover, activities of neighboring websites will not affect your site’s functioning. So, malware or poor scripts in other websites will never damage your site reputation or affect your rankings in search engines.
• Since you choose dedicated hosting, you can get access to unlimited bandwidth. This is especially vital when you have an ecommerce site which gets a lot of traffic and which must engage in online financial transactions.
• To conduct online financial transactions, you will need a SSL certificate. This certification is offered only when your website has a distinct IP address. When you choose dedicated hosting, you will be given a unique IP address, unlike shared hosting where the IP address is shared collectively among multiple users.
• When you deal with sensitive customer data on your website, it is necessary to choose dedicated server hosting for the security these plans offer. Dedicated hosting providers will typically deploy robust security measures like effective firewalls, anti-virus detection systems, onsite surveillance etc so that sensitive data is never compromised.
• With dedicated server hosting, you will also get root access to install custom software and applications that can boost your business. Not only do you get the chance to buy hardware of your choice, you will also be able to choose your own OS, and configure the server settings. In comparison, in shared hosting, you are provided with a predefined software and hardware package.
These are some of the main reasons why choosing a dedicated hosting plan may be beneficial for your business. However, before signing up for any plan, it is important to check the reputation of the host and review the Service Level Agreement carefully. It may be a good idea to sign up with hosting services which offer free trial periods for prospective customers.
You can also find the info related to dedicated hosting, here:-
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to firstname.lastname@example.org