A few years back, thinking about a career in Digital Marketing was like taking a huge step from going against traditional job opportunities. Digital marketing jobs were far from mainstream jobs.
But today, with the fast-paced and evolving technologies, the Digital marketing industry is booming with a growth rate of 40%. As per the study, the Digital marketing industry is worth $68 billion.
With such growth, there are diverse career options created for the graduate in Digital marketing industry. In this article, we jot down the best digital marketing job opportunities. Let's have a look at them.
Career Options in Digital Marketing – Major Job Profiles
There are vast career options in the digital marketing field which typically involves social media, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) etc. Have a look at the detailed description of the lucrative digital marketing career opportunities.
1. Digital Marketing Manager and Directors
This is the top position in the digital marketing field. The minimum experience of 5 years is required for this position. The person needs to have a solid grasp of everything related to marketing and businesses. They should be well versed in strategic planning and execution.
Responsibilities: Digital Marketing Manager is the leader of the digital marketing team. His responsibilities include:
· He looks after the various marketing decisions and strategies that drive more traffic
· Involves in making improvements and regular updating of the website.
Salary: Usually the salary of Digital marketing managers or directors ranges between INR 5 to 15 lakhs per annum. It can vary according to the organizations.
2. Web Designer and Web Developer
Web Designers and developers are the people who are responsible for the amazing websites over the internet. The job of Web developer is specific whereas web designer performs a variety of functions. He should have prior knowledge of CSS, HTML, JQuery and web programming languages.
Responsibilities: The web developer/ designer is responsible for
· Designing, coding and modifying websites and make it user-friendly and looks stunning.
· They are involved with the various technical and graphical aspects related to a website, look at how the website is working and how it looks.
Salary: The salary range of web designers/developers is 3 to 6 lakhs per annum.
3. SEO Executives
A Search Engine Optimizer or SEO Executive is the one who is responsible for managing all the SEO activities of the website like link building, keyword research, etc. He should have in-depth experience of using SEO tools like Website Analytics, WebTrends. Should be well-versed with the knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
Responsibilities: SEO Executives performs a variety of functions such as:
· To track, analyze and report the website’s analytics, conduct keyword research
· Build sitemaps
· Work with the development team to get the traffic on the website and improves search engine rankings.
Salary: The expected salary range of an SEO Executive is between 1 to 4 lakhs per annum.
4. Content Marketing Manager
Content marketing managers are responsible for managing content marketing along with copywriting, an e-book publishing and guest blogging. He works with the team of content writers.
This job profile offers an advantage of working from home without any hustle. He should have a profound knowledge of the English language and must be creative for great content ideas. The person should have minimum experience of 3-5 years.
Responsibilities: Content marketing manager is the head of the content writing team. His responsibilities include:
· Creating high-quality content that has the potential of going viral
· Make sure that the content is promoted with well SEO strategies.
Salary: Content marketing managers earn between 6 to 10 lakhs per annum.
5. Social Media Marketing Expert
Jobs in social media are considered to be the coolest jobs in the digital marketing field. The person with knowledge of all the social media platforms and a lot of creative skills are considered suitable for this job profile. He will administer the companies’ social media marketing and advertising strategies.
Responsibilities: As a social media manager/marketing expert,
· You need to keep a check on the current social media trends and plan your marketing strategies accordingly
· Stay in touch with the content team and coordinate with them
· Create a high-quality video, infographics etc to post on social media and engage the audience.
Salary: The Social Media Marketing Expert’s salary range between 3 to 7 lakhs per annum.
6. PPC/ Search Engine Marketing Expert
Pay-Per-Click or Search Engine Marketing is the process of growing website traffic with paid ads on search engines. SEM experts should have some technical skills like writing and editing HTML, CSS languages and have an understanding of website design and marketing principles to apply them to Internet marketing.
Responsibilities: The duties of PPC or Search Engine Marketing Expert include:
· Managing of PPC keywords
· Creating strategies with various prominent search engines
· Manage PPC campaigns
· Refine landing pages
· Develop and test new keywords
· Analyze click-through data
Their responsibilities also include targeting the number of leads and clicks from the available marketing budget, bid management, and ad copywriting.
Salary: The salary range of PPC / SEM Expert is 3 to 5 lakhs per annum.
With these interesting job profiles and wide career options, the digital marketing industry is at the top of providing job opportunities to graduates in the country.
So, take your first step to enter the world of digital marketing and skyrocket your career with these amazing job opportunities. We at INC Academy Dubai provide digital marketing course and social media marketing training.Join us and learn this skill.
Source: Payscale for salary estimation of various job profiles in this article.
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to firstname.lastname@example.org