SOCIAL VENTURE CAPITAL FUND
We are a social venture capital fund that finances startups with the potential to improve the lives of low-income families in emerging and frontier markets. Our geographic focus is on Developing Asia, where nearly 2 billion people have limited or no access to clean water, quality food, secure shelters, affordable healthcare, efficient infrastructures, reliable energy or comprehensive financial services.
Our operational headquarters is in Phnom Penh with offices in Delhi and Yangon, and have already invested in 10 social businesses across India, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. We are now looking for a new team member to strengthen our Indian office.
Based in New Delhi, the Senior Analyst will join the Fund as an integral member of the investment team, and would be required to attend an initial training at the headquarters in Phnom Penh upon joining. The Senior Analyst will support all aspects of social investing including: investment analysis, research, due diligence and portfolio company analysis.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Investment research. Conduct fundamental country and sector analysis;
– Investment analysis. Prepare detailed company financial models and investment returns analyses, conduct market research, develop and support investment hypotheses;
– Investment presentation. Develop investment pitches, prepare companies and investment presentations;
– Transaction execution. Assist with due diligence, transaction documentation, interactions with investees management;
– Portfolio company analysis. Track portfolio company financials, analyze performance, generate management reports, and identify issues and opportunities for improvement.
– Travel, involving field visits to pipeline/portfolio companies and occasional trips to the Phnom Penh office.
– General corporate responsibilities or other tasks as assigned by manager.
• MBA or related Master’s degree
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced financial and business modeling skills
• Research skills, ability to diligently research new sectors and identify opportunities
• Flexibility and willingness to work within start-up environment
• 2-3 years minimum previous experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking or consulting strongly preferred
• Knowledge and previous experience in entrepreneurship and/or target sectors is a plus but not required
Start Date: 01st April 2013 or earlier
Application Process: Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org