How does the WhatsApp update affect you?
We have all, in the past few days, pondered over how the latest WhatsApp update affects us and our businesses (for those using WhatsApp Business).
And closer home, Zoho Founder Sridhar Vembu also tweeted about Arratai — a Made in India alternative that his team is currently testing out with friends and family.
Amidst all this speculation, there's finally some much-needed clarity from Will Cathcart himself. The WhatsApp Head, in a series of tweets, clarified that the company updated its policy "to be transparent and to better describe optional people-to-business features".
Leading financial services firm Avendus’ Co-founder and Vice-Chairman Ranu Vohra knows the Indian startup ecosystem in and out, having observed its evolution first-hand over the last two decades. When he says, “The next five years for India’s startups are going to be ‘much larger’ than the previous five,” you listen with rapt attention.
Here are some key takeaways you cannot afford to miss:
- The COVID-19 disruption: Music to entrepreneur’s ears
- The acceleration of digitisation
- Startups going public
- Creating actual wealth
While India going through a coding revolution, parents want to make their kids ‘future-ready’ with new-age skills. And— a platform offering online coding classes to K-12 students — confirms that the curiosity around the subject may be peaking right now among children as well.
Inforgraphic: YS Design
News & Updates
- DIG Investment Founder Martin HP Söderström joined on the board of OYO's European Vacation Homes business. He will also be buying shares worth an undisclosed amount in the parent company.
- From India’s Silicon Valley to the original Silicon Valley in the US, fly with an all-women cockpit crew on Air India’s longest direct flight. The crew comprises Capt Zoya Aggarwal, Capt Papagari Thanmai, Capt Akansha Sonaware, and Capt Shivani.
- State-owned telecom companies BSNL and MTNL have turned EBITDA positive for the first half of the current financial year, providing the signal of a faster turnaround. According to sources in DoT, both these organisations are expected to reduce their losses by 50 percent in FY21 when compared to FY20.
Before you go, stay inspired with…
Image Credits: YS Design