Tips and Advice For Amazon FBA Merchants Shipping From China
Shipping from China has been the main topic here for quite a while. Today, let's focus on Amazon FBA sellers.Kevin Jones
Shipping from China has been the main topic here for quite a while. Today, let's focus on Amazon FBA sellers. I'm going to give you three tips on shipping important to Amazon the right way. If you want, you can check out the link to the Essential shipping from China Documents Part 2. You'll find 12 different templates you can download and use for booking, processing and tracking your freight. You'll have the entire process covered, from the perspective of a shipping agent.
This is what we are going to focus on today:
- The three tips all Amazon FBA sellers need to use when importing goods from China
- The four solutions they can adopt.
Here's your free download, Part 2 of the Essential rules of shipping from China. There are lots of goodies for you, what do you think about that?
ONE - Importer of Record
We aren't going to discuss choosing the best suppliers in China, checking the quality of their products and how to get help with onsite quality control. Assuming you've done all this work and you're ready to move your freight from A to B, here is what you need to know about the whole process. When we say A we refer to china, while B is the USA. The shipping is actually a straight forward process, but you need to have all your documents done right, in order to avoid problems or customs complications. The first thing to know is that you need to have an Importer of Record, which should be responsible for the following:
1. Ensuring everything you import abides by the local laws and regulations. For instance, they have to check that you don't try to import counterfeit hover boards or banned products, to give you only a few examples.
2. Filling the duty entry form as well as all other documents required by law.
3. Paying your import duties and any other tax that might be required by law.
The importer of record doesn't have to be an US registered company. If you choose the non-resident status, you need to get in touch with your customs broker in order to find out what you need to do.
VAT Global have a very interesting and detailed piece that looks at how to be an Importer of Record and EORI Registration details. This is the perfect way to get a better idea of what’s discussed above in this piece.
TWO - Customs Brokers
All Amazon FBA sellers who are serious about their business should have a good customs broker. These brokers are licensed by the US Customs and Border Protection to take care of your customs entries. They cam also pay the import duty fees and take care of the release of goods. They do all these on your behalf, so it's important that you choose a trustworthy company to work with.
THREE - Shipping Conditions, Documentation And Returns
Always make sure that your shipping terms to the Amazon fulfilment center are DDP, aka delivery duty paid. This doesn't restrict you from buying products FOB, bring them over from China, and then deliver to Amazon DDP. Should your goods arrive to Amazon without all taxes and shipping charges paid, they are going to be refused entry. This is going to be a huge problem, as your stuff is going to be stuck between the two countries. You can check out our special section to find out more details about shipping terms. Always provide the address of the fulfilment center on your shipping documents.
FOUR - Solutions You Could Adopt
1. Choose a customs broker to be your ultimate consignee. You can do this without the need for an EIN number. the EIN is like a social security number for businesses. If you don't have one, you need to find alternative ways of importing your goods legally.
2. Use FedEx or another express shipping company. If needed, give them Amazon's EIN number.
3. Choose a prep and forwarding company as your ultimate consignee. This scenario is also possible without the need for an EIN number.
Selling goods from china offers a significant opportunity for individuals looking to start a business and can really be a very lucrative thing to do. This piece of content looks at the ins and outs of the whole process and gives you a better overview of the whole thing.
There are a lot more intricate ins and outs however and people should ensure that they utilise the services of a professional in these instances as they can really help to make sure that all is well and nothing is overlooked. This will ensure that anyone hoping to be get the most of their circumstances does.
So, take heed of the above and get the most out of your importing efforts.