The benefits and disadvantages of virtual realityBingo Technologies
Virtual reality down the years has always been the sci-fi concept down the years. Initially, the introduction of the virtual reality headset made the customers highly interested. From the time, it became apparent that everything is possible in the genre of technicality. With the introduction of virtual, real home based phones are now in the stage of extinction. The usage of smart mobiles has made life easy. Virtual reality market is growing at a faster pace. In the year 2014, the value of the market has reached an amount of 90 million dollars. By the year 2018, the amount will touch 5.2 billion dollars. Virtual Reality comes with the set of pros and cons as stated below.
Pros of Virtual Reality
• Helps with Impressive Visualization – You can be sure about the greatness of virtual reality. It helps in exploring various facts and can even alternate the level of experience. If you wear a VR headset, you can experience the best quality visualizations. Allows Students to Get Engaged – These days it has become difficult for the teachers to conduct classroom interaction sessions. With the introduction of the Virtual Reality technicality, interaction with the student has become so easy. The students take help of virtual reality to speak about their personal experiences.
• Creating Interest – Virtual Reality has made watching more enjoyable than reading. VR technicality is extremely interesting and engaging. VR technology creates enjoyable experiences. This technology motivates the students to learn and know better in life.
• Improves Educational Value – The doctors take advantage of the VR technology to know about the new traits of medicine. VR technology also works best in fields of editing and content writing. It helps in locating mistakes in contents. There are preferred software arrangements to make fault detections. VR technology also helps with perfect editing options.
• Helps to Overcome Language Barriers – Language barrier is a significant problem in the field of education. In case, if you are not studying in your hometown you need to adopt the dialect of the place where you are considering. With the implementation of Virtual Reality the possible language can be aptly implemented by making use of the suitable software.
Cons of Virtual Reality
• Lacks Flexibility – In the classroom you can act with flexibility. You are open to give suggestions and ask questions. This is not possible with virtual reality. With the virtual reality headset, you can make use of the same program in all the sessions. There is no scope for positive interaction.
• Ineffective Human Connections – Virtual Reality comes with the set of disadvantages. The conventional education system is mainly based on interpersonal connections and the level of individual human communication. The concept of Virtual Reality is different. It is only about you and the software.
• Getting Addicted – Addiction to Virtual Reality is extremely common. The students can get addicted to the virtual world. The section of the population is getting addicted to video games and the rest. In the world of Virtual Reality, one can even get addicted to harmful drugs.
There are cons of Virtual Reality. However, still, there is the scope to appreciate the functional superiority of virtual reality.