Migrating Exchange data from one Exchange Server to another server is complicated. Though Exchange administrators can try manual methods to migrate their data from one version of Exchange to another, these manual methods are not that reliable. That is why Exchange administrators are interested in using professional migration solutions. Here we will go through the top 5 Exchange migration solutions.
- Kernel Migrator for Exchange
- CodeTwo Exchange Migration
- Quest Migration Manager for Exchange
- Priasoft Migration Suite for Exchange
- SkyKick Exchange to Office 365 Migration
Kernel Migrator for Exchange
Exchange Migration software is designed to migrate data (mailboxes, public folders, and archive mailboxes) from Exchange Server to another server or Office 365. It allows the user to do cross-forest as well as intra-forest (same domain and different domain) migrations. Also, it allows to migrate on-premises Exchange, hosted Exchange, and Office 365 (Exchange Online). You can migrate mailboxes from one office 365 tenant to another Office 365 tenant too.
- Enabled with Pre-Migration analysis to plan your entire migration process.
- Upgrades your lower version Exchange to higher version Exchange server.
- Scheduling feature to execute migration at a future date/time
- Inbuilt auto-synchronization option to manage sync between source & target servers.
- Migrates Outlook rules/permissions and also updates Outlook profiles
- Integrated with rollback feature so that you can undo any migration.
- No impact on users, when mailboxes are being migrated -they can access emails.
- Supports all Exchange versions and Office 365 plans.
CodeTwo Exchange Migration
CodeTwo Exchange Migration Tool is an efficient tool that can perform migration from one Exchange Server to another Exchange server. This migration tool performs hassle-free migration from any lower version Exchange Server to higher version Exchange Server. In such a way you can upgrade your Exchange server.
- Migrate mailboxes & public folders from older exchange to newer Exchange.
- Allow the user to migrate mailboxes & public folders from Office 365 to on-premise Exchange.
- Upgrades your lower version of Exchange to a higher version.
- Enabled with filters to select folders which you want to migrate.
Quest Migration Manager for Exchange
This Quest Migration Manager for Exchange reduces the risk of migration. It can migrate mailboxes and public folders from Exchange to Exchange or from Exchange to Office 365 quickly. This tool allows you to do direct synchronization between migrated and un-migrated data.
- Creates zero impact on the user while migrating mailboxes.
- Migrate mailboxes & public folders to Exchange & Office 365.
- Maintains direct sync with mailboxes, groups & other items.
- Intuitive, easy to use and easy to understand graphical user interface.
- Enabled scheduling feature using which you can schedule time & date for migration.
Priasoft Migration Suite for Exchange
Priasoft Migration Suite for Exchange is useful when you are migrating your Exchange mailboxes from one Exchange to another or when you are migrating them to Office 365 platform. Many times, Exchange administrator try manual ways to migrate mailboxes but that can be complex. This tool migrates not only mailboxes but also public folders to your desired environment.
- Reduces the migration risk and simplifies complicated migration process.
- Perform Exchange to Exchange Migration, and upgrades from lower Exchange to higher Exchange.
- Migrate public folders and also updates Outlook Profiles.
- Enabled roll back utility where you can quickly undo your entire migration task.
- Supports cross-forest and small business server migrations
SkyKick Exchange to Office 365 Migration
This Office 365 migration tool that can quickly and efficiently migrate mailboxes from Exchange Server to Office 365. It can manage migrations from any version of MS Exchange Server to Office 365 without any hassle. It reduces the risks and complexities and assures complete migration.
- Migrate entire mailbox data including emails, contacts, journal, etc. to Office 365.
- Works as a migration planner before actual migration takes place in the process.
- Has three migration plans - data-only, small business and enterprises.
All these Exchange migration tools are reliable and secure. They are good at managing complex migrations. But if you would like to choose any one them, then I suggest going for Kernel Migrator for Exchange. It is efficient and robust like all others but has a more interactive user interface and simpler procedure.