When we check the statistics, we find that currently Angular framework is being used in about 4,06,854 websites and React is being used in about 7,66,722 websites while Vue is being used in about 2,17,144 live websites.
This shows all of these three frameworks are quite popular although React is leading. Actually, React JS is leading in most countries, including US, China, Japan and most other countries while Angular JS is leading in Russia, Taiwan and many other countries. If you talk to any best web development company in India, you will find that it also suggests to use any of these framework for developing best quality websites.
Look at this Stackoverflow 2018 survey. It says that Angular is loved by about 54% of the developers while React is loved by about 69% of the developers.
We can also know more about their popularity by looking at the number of stars that their GitHub repositories get.
As on 03/12/2018 number of stars on GitHub projects for Angular, React, and Vue:
- Angular – 33450
- Vuejs/vue – 108078
- Facebook/react – 106798
Angular has a strong community around it which provides regular training materials, discussions, and third party tools to support people who are using AngularJS and it also resolves their ongoing issues. This trend continues even today when we now have Angular 2+.
You have to hire best software development company in India if you want to build high quality website based on Angular JS framework.
Pros of Angular JS:
- It has component based architecture which provides a higher quality of code.
- It brings reusability as developers can reuse components across different parts of an application. This is useful in enterprise scope application which use similar elements like sorting lists, search boxes and date pickers.
- It is unit-test friendly as the independent nature of components simplifies unit tests, quality assurance methods to verify the performance of the smallest parts of the applications i.e. units.
- It offers maintainability as the components which are easily decoupled from each other are easily replaced with better implementations.
Cons of Angular JS:
- It requires more time as migrating old systems from AngularJS to Angular needs time. There is a huge difference between AngularJS and Angular hence the path of migration is from the past to the future. We can do it in different ways like to use a hybrid approach which includes having both old and new Angular operating at the same time while we incrementally update the whole product. It takes time and also we have to review many tools and deal with a heavier application.
The technological world highly appreciates the benefits provided by React. That’s why so many of the top web development services in India prefer React JS framework to build incredible websites.
Pros of React:
- Its update process is highly optimized and fast.
- It has JSX which makes components code readable. It displays how components are plugged or combined.
- React’s data binding helps in creating dynamic applications.
- It supports prompts rendering.
- React is SEO friendly. React presents the first load experience by server side rendering and connecting event handlers on the side of the user.
- React is up to date as Facebook is supporting it. Facebook community also gives prompt advice and code samples whenever requires.
Cons of React:
- It has a bit difficult learning curve. As it is not a fully featured framework hence it requires in-depth knowledge of integrating user interface free library into MVC framework.
- View-orientendness is one of the cons of ReactJS. It should be found 'Model' and 'Controller' to resolve 'View' problem.
- It doesn’t use isomorphic approach to exploit application which leads to search engines indexing problems.
- JSX React’s documentation and manuals are difficult for the newcomers to understand.
- React generally has very large library.
It is also less traditional and much simpler to learn for new developers as compared to other similar frameworks. Vue.js is being used by Alibaba, Expedia, Nintendo and by so many other enterprise level projects. Vue also has big community and the problems and questions are responded more quickly than in the case with other frameworks like Angular and React.
Pros of Vue:
- It takes very less space. The production ready build of Vue.js takes only 18 kb of space after gzipping. Vue.js ecosystem is also small and fast. With Vue.js, users can separate the template-to-virtual-DOM compiler and even the run.
- Vue offers scalability and versatility and it works well both as a library and as a fully-fledged framework.
- Vue.js is incredibly easy to read. Functions are incredibly accessible and if your naming conventions are right “thisFunctionWillDoThis” then you won’t go far wrong.
- It has incredible supportive community.
Cons of Vue:-
- It lacks some common solid plugins and components. As it has lesser age hence there is a lack of common plugins that make working with various tools easier. For example, Google Maps.
- It is evolving too fast. Many Vue users say that it is evolving rather too fast hence a lot of examples and code which you may find online may be outdated. Hence one has to read lots of documentation and may even require an online course in Vue to learn it better.
- It has some minor issues with iOS and Safari.
- If you read Vue documentation you will find there are some reactivity caveats for example the setting of an item from an array directly or adding a new data property.
For example, if you are developing a large application and looking for a stable platform then you can go with Angular, provided you are comfortable using TypeScript. Else you can also use React as it is favorable for large teams and also has a massive ecosystem revolving around it. Finally, if you want to experiment with a new and promising framework then Vue.js is the best pick for you.
Other best option is to find expert developers to do the job. To get the best results, you can select the top web app development company among them based on their expertise, experience, reputation and other benefits they offer to build your website.