Microfinance Information Exchange (MIX) looking for Analyst, deadline Monday!
Below is a last minute job posting on behalf of Microfinance Information Exchange. The deadline is this Monday, so if you are interested please apply ASAP.
Microfinance Information eXchange, Inc. Analyst(s) – Asia
Job Title Analyst(s), Asia
Job Type Full-time
Reports to Regional Manager, Asia
Location Hyderabad, India
Serve as a microfinance analyst for Asia for a fast paced financial sector non-profit.
The qualified candidates will be responsible for contributing to the growth and expansion of MIX’s core activities in Asia in support of the organization’s goals of achieving reliable, comparable, publicly available information on the performance and outreach of microfinance institutions (MFIs). They will have the analytical and diplomatic skills required to increase the quantity and quality of information (data and analysis) available on MFIs. This position requires dynamic and self-motivated persons with an understanding of financial analysis and accounting.
- To achieve these goals, the Analyst will have primary responsibility (80% of time) to:
- Manage relations with a portfolio of MFIs in the region;
- Solicit, collect, validate, reclassify, adjust and analyze MFI information;
- Update MFI and other related actor data in MIX database and systems
- Produce MFI performance reports and periodic reports on regional analysis and research.
- Manage and expand contacts with all relevant regional microfinance actors, with a focus on MFIs; and
- Carry out research to further the MIX’s understanding of regional actors and developments affecting MFI performance;
- The Analyst will have a secondary responsibility (20% of time) to support the other work of the MIX on any number of tasks including to:
- Contribute to shared analyst tools and systems
- Market and promote MIX services to other actors in the industry
The Analyst will work with a global team of Analysts and Regional Manager with a collective responsibility for industry analysis covering the globe in the performance and outreach of MFIs. The Director of Analysis works with this team on all aspects of the analysis process, in developing strategies for expanding regional outreach and coverage, and in providing standards, tools and capacity building to regional actors.
- Bachelors / BComm in economics, finance, accounting/auditing, or relevant field. Masters degree strongly preferred.
- Experience in accounting, audit, or financial analysis.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Additional regional languages preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and comfort with online databases are essential.
- Familiarity with microfinance or financial services sector preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Salary commensurate with qualifications and range for the position.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com and mention “Asia Analyst” in the subject line. The position is located in Hyderabad, India, and the closing date is Monday, January 25, 2010. Selected candidates will be interviewed in late January. MIX is looking for the Analyst to by mid-late March 2010.
MIX is an equal opportunity employer.
MIX, a non-profit corporation based in Washington, DC, is the world’s leading business information provider for the microfinance industry. The MIX achieves its goals in several ways: by getting standards of reporting accepted to make information more comparable, by aggregating and disseminating solid information about microfinance providers so that the subject is more easily researched and understood, and by providing related information services. By making solid information about the subject more accessible at a global level, so that performance benchmarks are more readily available, capital and technical resources can be more efficiently allocated and the overall amount of capital available to microfinance providers can increase.
MIX works through partnerships with organizations all over the world, and its clients include, but are not limited to, the microfinance providers and microfinance funders. MIX currently has 15 employees, located in Washington, DC, and in its satellite offices in Peru and Morocco. For more information on MIX, visit: www.mixmarket.org.